Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#85928 05/07/04 10:51 AM
C
Coreen Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I"ll be doing my cerification dives the 1st week of July. I've done some searches, and seen that everyone has a favorite. The hands down winner for the blue hole trip seems to be Amigos Del Mar, for everything else the most often mentioned seem to be Amigos, Pro Tech, or BAD, with the occasional vote for some of the smaller shops. My question is a little differet; Can anyone recomment a specific person who is particularly good with beginners? Sense of humor especially appriciated, that is my default setting when I am nervous!

THanks! Coreen

#85929 05/07/04 03:25 PM
C
C
Sylvan Foreman gave us our certification dives. He was very patient and a very good instructor. He operated a little shop on the back of Bottom Time's dive shop.

#85930 05/07/04 08:27 PM
J
J
hi just back from A/C where i had 11 dives with my fave AMIGOS and brought my 30 year old godson and his friend to get thier owc, they did it in htre days no rush, no worry, all in their own time and speed. stevie was a bit 'scared' but was put at ease with his instructor and had a great time and easily acclimated to a well trained 'diver' as did his buddy. we on the otherhand, having done quite a few dives, felt we were finally ready to 'do' the BLUE HOLE and with AMIGOES the wait was well worth it.. a 48 ft boat and cookies, more like scones,watermelon, and cheeses greeted us as well as water and juice for the 2.5 hr journey. even tho the seas were rough it passed quickly.. the dives were spectacular..the divemasters superb..and all in all what can i say again amigoes delivers john in denver

#85931 05/07/04 08:28 PM
J
J
hi just back from A/C where i had 11 dives with my fave AMIGOS and brought my 30 year old godson and his friend to get thier owc, they did it in htre days no rush, no worry, all in their own time and speed. stevie was a bit 'scared' but was put at ease with his instructor and had a great time and easily acclimated to a well trained 'diver' as did his buddy. we on the otherhand, having done quite a few dives, felt we were finally ready to 'do' the BLUE HOLE and with AMIGOES the wait was well worth it.. a 48 ft boat and cookies, more like scones,watermelon, and cheeses greeted us as well as water and juice for the 2.5 hr journey. even tho the seas were rough it passed quickly.. the dives were spectacular..the divemasters superb..and all in all what can i say again amigoes delivers john in denver

#85932 05/08/04 11:31 AM
C
Coreen Offline OP
OP Offline
C
John and Crock, thanks for the info. John, do you remember who their instructor was? I start my training here on May 23 so it will all be fresh when I get there the 1st week of July.

I"m spending WAAAY too much time looking at underwater pictures, beach pictures and trip reports when I should be getting things done. Guess I'm day-dreaming the dream until I can live it!

#85933 05/09/04 09:54 AM
G&H Offline
take a look at www.grumpyandhappy.com

#85934 05/12/04 04:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Junior at Protech is very good with small kids, rebellious teenagers and timid adults. Very patient and inspiring.

#85935 05/12/04 11:36 AM
C
Coreen Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well, 40 is too old to be a kid or a teenager, and I have friends who would point and laugh if you put timid and me in the same sentence...But patient and inspiring sounds like just the thing!

#85936 05/12/04 12:34 PM
Coreen,

Junior Tillett is a wonderful instructor. In fact, I've known him since he was a kid himself! He's very good natured and patient and I've entrusted him with my children many times. He's always the person who I recommend for new divers and I don't think you can go wrong with him.

I've been diving for years with Junior, as well as Brion and Adolfo who also work at Protech. They are the best!

Teenah

#85937 05/12/04 12:48 PM
J
J
coreen, i think his name was ed, retired guy 50'ish from st louis, living in belize now 7 years very cool guy, good sense of humor, rather dry.. i think you'd like him patient and easy going john

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.