Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Pedro and Ms Apathy sitting in a tree...K I S S I N G. :p

Gone fishing!!
For the uninitiated and the severely brain damaged and the even more stupid "It is impossible to have customs clearance for a plane in San Pedro"-you have to clear customs in Belize Int. airport-end of story

S
S
From someone who knows: It's been done but only by Guatemalans with the very highest political connections. Forget it.

S
S
Originally posted by Pedro1:
For the uninitiated and the severely brain damaged and the even more stupid "It is impossible to have customs clearance for a plane in San Pedro"-you have to clear customs in Belize Int. airport-end of story
!!!

C
C
Member # 6453 asked.......where is the airport?

Something real funny about this, flying a Baron (that's a twin engine, quarter million dollar airplane) internationally, and having to use a message board for airport and flight planning information? Much better resources are available to a pilot than here. But I'll try.....

I pulled this off of www.world-airport-codes.com.

Belize - SAN PEDRO - Airport Details
Airport Code : SPR
Airport name : SAN PEDRO
Runway Length : 2575 ft.
Runway Elevation : 2 ft.

City : San Pedro
Country Abbrev. : BZ
World Area Code : 106
GMT Offset : +6.0

Longitude : 87° 58' 0" W
Latitude : 17° 55' 0" N

Phillip Goldston International, designator BZE, is the only authorized point of entry for private planes. Aircraft must obtain permission 48 hours prior to arrival from the Civil Aviation Dept. Flight plan must be filed 24 hours prior to departure. Airspace is only open 6am to 6 pm.

Radio freqs, BZE
ground control 121.9, approach control 120.0, tower 188.0, VOR 114.3

These are the rules, and with the war on drugs I'd hesitate to break them, unless you have an inside connection.

Please, do your own flight planning and don't rely on my information above...good luck!

Larry

I think the gentlemans question has been pretty much answered. Even though some have given totally incorrect informantion about being able to clear customs in SP when flying privately to Belize.
Although I do not normaly feel a need to establish my credentials, I will preface my remarks by stating that I have flown private planes to Belize 49 times starting in 1976. I have flown barons to twin turbo props. I never attempted to find any info on flying from any message board. And it is my humble opinion that any pilot that does should probably check to be sure his license came from the FAA and not out of a cracker box.
If you do not know where to get the accurate information you are asking for, you should not be flying. Now if you are just trying to impress us that you fly planes then stick around and have some fun. :p

PS: I forgot to mention that when Piasano bought his first G-2 he wanted me to get type rated in it.

PPS: relying on getting accurate information from people on this message board about something as important as rules and regulations on flying is about as stupid as taking off in your plane without enough fuel to reach Belize hoping to find an in-flight fuel tanker on the way to fill up. laugh

C
C
And it is my humble opinion that any pilot that does should probably check to be sure his license came from the FAA and not out of a cracker box.

My thoughts exactly, bywarren, but I was trying to be diplomatic :-) I first soloed in 1976. Been flying ever since....

I hope he sticks around for the fun.

Larry

C
C
Forgot to add.....I'd give my left one for a chance to fly a G2 :-0

DOES ROMANCING THE STONE RING ANY BELLS. LOL. HAVE TO AGREE 100% W/BYWARREN. WONDER IF THAT RETURN FLIGHT IS CARGO ONLY.

Max just did a low fly by, and buzzed this Board IMHO.

Dare To Deviate
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 165 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.