Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#86547 05/19/04 09:44 AM
K
Kirsten Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Has anyone stayed at Belize island vacations on AC? If so how do they rate??

#86548 05/19/04 07:48 PM
if memory serves me correct, the resort offered by this packager is Belizian Shores. Do a search and you'll find tons of info.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#86549 05/19/04 08:48 PM
Oh oh ohhhh .... I can help with info if it's Belizean Shores! Do a search for:

Trip report - 1st 24 hours +/-

We got back 2 weeks ago and had a truly wonderful vacation.

laugh

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
#86550 05/20/04 09:49 AM
K
Kirsten Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yes the resort is Belizean Shores.

#86551 05/20/04 10:04 PM
To give you an idea, this came from our
Trip report - 1st 24 hours +/-

"Our luggage was taken to our room by wheelbarrow (a first for me but sure made since as we were the first unit closet to the water, 2nd level - great view.)

I was able to check the "What you most do while on Ambergris Caye" box that said "buy a piece of jewelry from a locale". A friendly lad came around selling ankle bracelets, my first purchase on arrival, a true sign I was getting into San Pedro mode.

We strolled the beach south for a bit, just to smell the ocean air and to get a lay of the land. Once back in our room, we settled in and claimed closet and dresser space. Note on room: Very spacious, very clean, nice kitchen area, bathtub had whirlpool jets (nice touch and quite deep) and shower had LOTS of water pressure. Even after a week, I can't think of anything about the suite that I didn't like. We found it to be just as advertised. The double doors to the balcony were wonderful for letting in the ocean breezes and for standing in the doorway and blow drying the hair! (might have even been able to get a kite up ifin I had one)

Suppertime came early as my stomach was still on Ohio time. We decided to eat at the hotel. The Laguna Grill is at the back of the complex, but is up on the 3rd floor, and you can see above the trees. They have a beautiful view of the water, a wonderful breeze and a friendly wait staff. We ate a couple of meals there during our stay. Not outstanding, but not bad either. The price was what you'd expect to pay at most "on site restaurants" - I just figured it in as the cost of the view. A plus was that they had a computer in the grille. As tempting as it was, only checked email once, half way through the week (basically to delete all the bazillion spasm that fill my inbox) and Bryan had to check on a weeding he was scheduled to perform. (6$BZ for 15 minute minimum)

A storm came in the first night, and we lost power around 7:15 until after 10:00. Take extra batteries and candles for those "just in case times" - plus candles are always a nice touch. Stood on the balcony and watched it roll in - awesome!

Slept like a baby, wide awake at 5:30 (apparently still on Ohio time). Clouds were trying to lift to our west. We had a western sky view from our balcony as well as full ocean view.

Had our morning coffee and light breakfast on the balcony. This became a daily ritual for us, a truly wonderful way to start the day. Each morning we saw pelicans flying by and watched numerous workers arriving by ferry, or going further north. Was nice being in time with the early morning flow of locals as they began their work day. Mornings were also spent taking notes from the day before - crucial so as not to forget anything."

Sighhh ... was lovely!

laugh

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
#86552 05/20/04 10:57 PM
hahahahah ........As tempting as it was, only checked email once, half way through the week (basically to delete all the bazillion SPASM that fill my inbox) and Bryan had to check on a WEEDING he was scheduled to perform. (6$BZ for 15 minute minimum).........rofllllll

AWTY - me thinks you mighta been sampling the One Barrel when ya wrote this hahahahahahahaah

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#86553 05/21/04 07:20 AM
ohhh my soul ... "a weeding" .... well come to think about it, I know the couple and it might not be that far fetched! (the mowing has got to be extra though)

Now get up off that floor 'fore you hurt yerself!

laugh

#86554 05/21/04 08:42 AM
awty, look at you. You're already a natural with helping the other boarders. wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.