Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
nancyo Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Okay, only 4 more days until we get to A/C. Trying to cram all of our stuff in one suitcase - do we need to pack our fins? We have our snorkels and masks - just wasn't sure if we needed to worry about fins since we heard the water is shallow...or is it just as easy to find fins there to use? So the dilema is do I need to sit on the suitcase to close it or not?? I can hear the gentle waves in my dreams already. Thanks!

Hi Nancy...We got back in April and IMHO I think the fins should be packed if you can fit them. When we went snorkeling...especially at Hol Chan, the current can be quite strong and that's when the fins come in handy. OF course...you can always rent some or most guides will have some for you to use...just ask them to bring some when you confirm your trip. Have a wonderful time...Goody

yes ,if you want to snorkel,some time curant is strong ,and always better for fit .. if your going to take some snorkel stops ..????? when you fish with fishingsanpedro.com the capt will put you in the water with ,your mate/snorkel buddy to show you around it will be bicho jr ,or nesta both his sons both are part fish ,and are the best swimmers,they will watch your back ..and make sure you are having a blast ..go live the dream and enjoy your special day your best there !!!!!!!!!!!..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Agree you will need fins - we just got back and I experienced some very strong current where even with fins I wasn't going anywhere! smile

N
nancyo Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Okay, fins it is! Now I have to go home and sit on the suitcase! Thanks to all!

Yes, yes & yes! Went snorkeling off the pier without them & wished I'd rented them. Found that Reef Adventures & Rasta Pasta rented them for 5.00 BZ, 1/2 day. They are on the N. side of town by Paradise Villas, almost to Wet Willie's. Have fun!

T
Tom Offline
T
Glad you decided to take your own fins. You can rent them at alot of places especially if you are going out with any of the tour groups, but I personaly like using my own.
I know you will have a great time, the water is so nice and usually very warm and visability amazing when there has not been any rough weather come through. Bythe looks of the weather map on the main web-site for Ambergris Caye it looks like water conditions should be wonderful. You will first get to enjoy it from the air on your way in and want to get into the water right away.
Be sure to go by BC's Bar on the beach just past the Sun Breeze Hotel and have several drinks and something to eat. What ever you have it will be great.
Be sure to take a one tome use camera and go parasailing with Tony off of Fido's Dock, you can take picture from the air and it is a absolutely wonerful view of most of the island. Tell Tony that Tuki Tuki sent you, he will know how you are talking about. Tony even helps the Birds fly. Tuki Tuki is a
the Mascot for Ambergris Caye and is a very large bird of 9 different colors. He has picturs of taking her up at the place you check in on the dock, ask to see the picture book.
Have a great trip andmake sure to post a reort when you get back. We all like to hear how your trip went.
Kat/aka:Tuki Tuki

N
nancyo Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Tom and Big E - thanks for the hints. Well, the sitting on the suitcase didn't work - so we have an extra small duffel - but the fins are packed! I may just have to get up the nerve for the parasailing - adventure is the name of the game, right! BC's is a sure thing. We are staying at The Palms, and I;m assuming that isn't too far. I have a kazillion underwater cameras and the digital packed - so we will post review and pics upon return.

T
Tom Offline
T
Well you will be right next door to BC's if you are at The Palms. Besure to sto on the beach and pick up one of Island Dogs sketches, they are wonderful. Make sure to tell Charlene, Bruce and bartender Ernie, "Hi"from Kat".
Have a great time. Can't wait til I get to go back in August.
Kat

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.