Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#87779 06/11/04 11:32 PM
toy4irma, I wouldn't count on finding an iron in your room, but the humidity will nicely do for smoothing out any suitcase wrinkles. It has taken me several trips to San Pedro to drop my compulsive packing and simplify my wardrobe. On my last day there in Feb. I bought a sarong that I'm looking forward to wearing when I return next month. Having seen mikell's vacation photos, I think she's on to something good for island attire. Now bywarren, do you think high heels have a place with sarongs? Just checking. :-)

#87780 06/11/04 11:42 PM
I believe that bywarren thinks that high heels have a place anywhere and worn with anything. After all, he freely admits to going around and looking at them in the stores. (wg) Sorry bywarren, couldn't resist.

In any event, I've seen some of those San Pedro gals tottering around on their heels . . . never funnier than when they are walking down the beach. No offence to anyone. I'm not talking about going to church, or into Belize City for something special.

Sorry, bywarren, but for tourists, it's just silly to take high heels, so that you can carry them until you get to the "fancy" restaurant and then have to take them off when you get to the club. (Which is dangerous by the way.)

Now there's something to worry about safety-wise. Barefoot in the bar, not a good plan.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#87781 06/11/04 11:48 PM
Have you seen the new flip flop high heels (1" or so)? Now that's tres chic San Pedro attire that I'm willing to try. The rest of the heels stay right in my closet.

#87782 06/12/04 12:56 AM
You mean the kind with the actual little heel on them, or the kind with the wedgie-type sole?

I dunno, either way, like I said, I don't wear flip-flops in San Pedro and I don't wear them for my own good reasons. But lots and lots of others do wear them, so it's your call.

#87783 06/12/04 05:14 AM
OK women, I knew better than to get on a thread titled "women only". I should have gone with my first instincts. Live and learn. Have you notice the "intriguing absence of comments" from my bretheren. UH OH, that kind of comment is what got me in trouble on another post. I'm out of here. Gone Fishin cool

#87784 06/12/04 05:49 AM
OP Offline
Mikell..thanks for trying to simplifying things.
You just don't know your first visit.
don't want to stand out...just want to fit in.
I have a few sarongs I bought on the islands so
there're a go. When I bought them they showed me how to wrap as a dress...hope I remember! confused
Sam...since there is so much humidity I may get
my natural wavy hair done like Mikells...looks adorable! Do they braid hair there?
Did see the flip flops with the 1 inch heels.I
may give then a try. They were VERY inexpensive.
:rolleyes: I'm sure I will have more ????

#87785 06/12/04 07:43 AM
My last post about the high heel flip flops was sort of a joke. Even though I did buy a pair, I agree with seashell that on the uneven terrain of San Pedro, it's best to have both feet flat on the ground. I have been approached on the beach by women who want to braid hair, but I haven't done it. I have an inexpensive hairpiece that I plop on top of my ponytail to reduce hair care. I haven't been to S.P. the summer before, so the weather is a new experience for me. Will be there 7/9-16. Maybe we'll cross paths, toy4irms.

#87786 06/12/04 09:09 AM
Some of my sandals have a 1 to 2" heel. In those cases they still have attractive design that encorporates sturdy straps too. They can take equally the abuse of walking in the sand, hard packed uneven roads, a little mud and then still be danced on.

#87787 06/12/04 09:11 AM
Sam, when you said high heel flips I thought you were talking about the platform flip flops which are perfect (at least they worked for me when I was there a week ago). They raise you off the ground a bit (to avoid mud,dust and stones) and have a flat bottom (for easy walking). The fashion queens are going to cringe when I say this....$10 Old Navy...won't care if they are ruined.

#87788 06/12/04 09:24 AM
Sounds like a good purchase to me, if you like flip flops, that is. smile

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.