Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#88057 06/17/04 06:46 PM
BARB
MY 2 HALF DAY'S FLY FISHING IS WITH GEORGE BRADLEY. JULY 15-16. CANT WAIT. EVERY TIME I THINK OF OF A SHOT AT A TARPON MY HANDS START SHAKING. LOL .BESIDES ANYONE WORTH HIS SALT KNOWS YOU CAN HAVE THE BEST GUIDE IN THE WORLD AND IF YOU CANT CAST YOU MIGHT AS WELL SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE BOAT RIDE.

#88058 06/18/04 02:03 PM
George Bradley is an awesome guide. Good Luck!

RMT - I really don't even want my sister in Belize! I will see her soon enough in PA. wink Want to try to get together in Marshall's Creek? I'll bring the One Barrel!

#88059 06/18/04 02:08 PM
RMT Offline
Lol.....OK Barbara that sounds like a good deal. You know I think we were in belize at the same time in March. I knew ahead of time that you had mentioned fishing. We were staying at the Mayan Princess and one eve while sitting on the balcony we saw Bicho come in with his boat and a woman and a number of children got off. Was that you by chance?
When will you be coming to Marshalls Creek?

p.s Check out my golf cart story on the other thread here.....Rhonda smile

#88060 06/18/04 03:04 PM
Nope, wasn't me. I got off at The Palms! I will email you about the PA trip. Funny cart story but I still prefer the electric ones. Actually I usually bike around, myself.

#88061 06/21/04 08:32 PM
B
B
Dear Vacationlover, Knotborde, danb, Barb, RMT, BLUE_48_98 & others,

I'd like to thank you all for your comments on Victoria House. You've brought up some good points - and we appreciate the constructive criticism as much as we do the compliments!

I apologize to both Vacationlover and knotborde for the water problems you encountered. Each room's hot and cold water flow is individually controlled, and our maintenance crew is able to adjust the valve system should it be out of balance for any reason. During periods of heavy demand we've experienced temporary problems and are working on a solution to this problem. Water temperature or any other concerns will be promptly addressed by the appropriate department once we are aware of the situation.

We lease our golf carts thru a local San Pedro cart rental company and are obliged to pass on their charges to our guests. Because of numerous requests for newer, more reliable carts we've switched from our previous battery powered vehicles. One downside is, as you mentioned, the need to fill up the fuel tanks on return - similar to an auto rental. Our front desk staff should definitely have informed you of this requirement as should our dive shop staff of the rental rates for snorkel and SCUBA equipment.

You are correct about the rotating menus in our dining room.

There are three menus which are changed each night, if for example menu #1 is served on the first day of your stay, different menus will be offered on days 2 and three, and menu #1 will be offered again on day 4. Three of the four appetizers, one of the five soups and salads and seven of the eight entrees change each night - the six desserts are however consistent on each nights menus.

While the meal plans work very well for a lot of our guests, obviously they're not for everyone. There are a number of excellent restaurants and cafes on Ambergris Caye - our front desk and activities staff will be happy to make recommendations based on personal experience and reviews from other guests.

As Barb pointed out, if you have any questions about excursions or pricing, please don't hesitate to enquire, either prior to your arrival or while here. We book the majority of our guests' excursions through the VH activities department and, as is usual in the trade, mark up excursions slightly to cover the costs of staffing this department etc. This service is mainly geared towards making our guests stay easier and more relaxing - guests simply discuss their needs with our knowledgeable activities staff and the trip is arranged with reliable and professional guides. It works well for the guides as well, as they receive bookings from different resorts throughout the year in much the same manner.

Due to the inevitability of taxes (even in paradise), in addition to posted prices we charge an additional 9% sales tax. Other than that there are additional or hidden charges. This may be where the question of charges in addition to the posted rate arose. The posted rate for the fishing trip mentioned is $225.00, and tax on that is $20.25 which would have been added on to the bill.

We truly appreciate feedback on the services and amenities offered at Victoria House. As always, we shall give serious consideration to these and any other concerns.

For more detailed information on services available at Victoria House, please feel free to email us at: [email protected]

Brent Kirkman

#88062 06/21/04 08:50 PM
Whoa! I am extremely impressed! What a first class operation.

#88063 06/22/04 09:05 AM
BRENT!
I AM EQUALLY IMPRESSED.THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE AND EXPLANATION OF CHARGES. YOU HAVE EASED ANY DOUBTS WE MAY HAVE HAD AND WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO OUR STAY WITH V.H. SEE YOU IN 3 WEEKS.

#88064 06/24/04 09:16 AM
R
R
Hello all!!!! My husband and I will be staying at Victoria House July 15th thru the 25th, and we are so excited!!! My husband has spent the last 8 months in Iraq working, and I want so badly for him to have the best vacation ever. It is also kind of a delayed honeymoon, sinc we never took one.

I had a couple of questions though.....

Beach towels????
Laundry facilities?

Thanks!!!!

Rikki

Rikki and Larry
#88065 06/24/04 01:40 PM
Both provided at VH.

#88066 06/24/04 01:45 PM
RIKKI
HOPE HUBBY DOESNT HAVE TO GO BACK .

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.