Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
eek

Gone fishing!!
And well they should cool

Are they biting the tourists, or sticking to the locals? Any plan in place to take care of them?

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
confused
...a little more information please.
There in 6 days...what do I need ??
Does Skinfastic work for the sandflies???
Thought I read that is the ONLY thing that works?

If they try and sell you drugs, just say no (or stomp on them). Seriously, are they a problem? I have run into them on most Carib. destinations, some places worse than others. Never seemed to have a problem on AC.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I also have it on good authority, my secret informants, that the Embassy is seriously considering the need to post a warning that tourists be advised if they venture inland to the Rain Forest, they might encounter rain. Local business owners are strongly recommending against having that information presented to the tourists. Pedro is working with the Chamber to see if he can get them to indorse a policy that the law of the land requires them to wear rain coats when they encounter rain, but there seems to be some free spirited individuals that resent any effort of government to dictate any behavior that might be considered in their best interests. Many of these free spirited individuals have been to Belize before and never encountered rain and see no need for any precautionary measures. After all, they come from places where it rains a lot more.

This will surely evoke a spirited debate on who is most responsible for giving Belize the reputation of a place where people can walk around in the rain without a rain coat if they want without fear of having the authorities reprimand them. Is it the fault of those providing the rain coats, that of those wearing them or those who walk around without them getting soaking wet not knowing it is raining? laugh

PS: if anyone has comments to make on this, better hurry and make them before this gets locked. :p

LOL mobunny laugh

My informants have also advised me there are powers to be, working behind Pedro's back, considering Toad's suggestion of adopting laws closer to those of Alaska.

There is the Polar Bear club, formerly underground ( rather under water ) that would cut holes in the ice, get naked and jump into the ice water. Now that the practice has been legalized, there is concern from the lower 48 that the health care system in Alaska will be over burdened with cases of pneumonia and these people might be seen sitting naked during snow storms on public streets.

It is still technically illegal to participate in the activity if you pay someone to cut the hole in the ice for you. But if you do it on your own, make your own clothes and don't actively recruit others to join your club, the authorities will look the other way. Yeah right, until the likes of Pamela Anderson join the club. laugh

Belize doesn't think it will be a concern that those undesirerable individuals with flock to AC to start charging to cut holes in the ice. Sometimes they they have all the answers. Rather sometimes they come up with these answers to justify these decisions.

When I was in grammar school we had to do community service and part of that was visiting mental hospitals where I'd be forced to spend time with retarded kids who would sit, and rock and stare off into space drooling. It was an unpleasant thing for a 12-year old to have to do, but I'm glad they made me do it, because it helped me through this thread.

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Any warnings about barflys? :rolleyes:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 280 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.