Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
Hubby and I are are part of the July'ers. Will be there for a short trip 8 - 12th. Haven't seen all this new stuff everybody is talking about. I think there were 3 or 4 restaurants last time we were there. VERY dissapointed to hear about the crime/druggies bothering people but it seems this isn't really a BIG problem.

Like many others need some info:
Portofino?
Planning to pack my Malibu Rum and Pinea. juice in the suitcase,,, is this OK?
Got the sports bra packed already.......
Anything else you can give me the heads up on would be appreciated......

Maybe we will see some of you guys there. By the way, I have been chuckling at some of the things ya'll have been writing!!!!!! Funny Funny

You will be shoked at how much development has happened...not necessarily in a good way. It is no longer the sleepy laid back beach town; now it is like Cancun lite! Prices are higher but the people are still friendly; just be aware of your surroundings and you should be fine

MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been reading all the posts for the last couple of days and haven't seen anything on Portofino. Have you been there or heard anything about it?

Go to the top of this page on the right. Click on search and type in Portofino. Lots of good info. mobunny

T
Tom Offline
T
Malibu,
If you have not been to San Pedro in 10 years you will not believe the number of grocery stores and every other kind of store that has cropped up. You will really have to look for stuff that you thought you knew where it was. Thare are numerous restaurants to choose from and almost all very very good. Do stop at Carumba's on Middle street Rene does have good food and great smoothes. Don't go fretting about the crime stuff, like everyonre says just us common sense when wandering about especially late at night. The old saying still goes "Just Say No" when offered something you souldn't be and have a great time re-discovering San Pedro and all of her wonders.
Kat

MALIBU Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Kat for the info. We are so excited to arrive, just can't wait. Bought new flip flops last night....

I have been talking to JohnB on email. He went to Portofino in May I think. He has given good info. I know for SURE I am taking a flash light, a sports bra and Malibu Rum/Pineapple juice. Everything else will fall in to place....

Take two flashlights. One for each of you. Those coconut trees on the beach are sneaky...

B
B
No nead to bring Malibu....they sell it there or get it duty free at airport. Druggies are no big deal there, maybe saw 2 in 8 days. You will enjoy your time and try and hook up with Capt Bicho for a day.

T
Tom Offline
T
It is not the coconut trees that are the problem, it is those damn coconuts that fall on the ground that you trip over on the way back from the bar that get you.
Kat

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.