Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#88619 06/26/04 05:11 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Hello everyone!
I stumbled across this website and message board the other day. There is lots of great information here.

I am considering spending one week in AC or Caye Caulker in November, but have a couple of questions.

I am a female who will be travelling on my own. Is this a safe destination for me?

I have been travelling to Isla Mujeres, Mexico 3 or 4 times a year for the last 2 years, and have absolutely fallen in love with that little island. I will be going back in November, and I am thinking about heading to Belize for a week, then to Isla for a week.

I like casual, laid back places. I also like meeting new people, which is very easy to do on Isla Mujeres.

If I do go to Belize, should I choose AC or Cay Caulker?

Thanks in advance for your replies. I have to go look around this great website some more!

Wanda
#88620 06/26/04 05:41 PM
If you like layed back check out CC.You can always come over to AC for a day trip.

Reality..What a concept!
#88621 06/26/04 05:56 PM
Hi there. You'll get loads of opinions about where to stay but if you like laid back coupled with activity, I would recommend AC. You can always go to CC for a day or two.

I to am a female that traveled solo to AC in May and will be going again in September solo. I felt totally safe.

I have met so many wonderful people and not once did I feel threatened.

I would recommend staying at Exotic Caye Beach Resort. That is where I hang my swimsuit so to speak when I'm there. You can find more information out at www.belizeisfun.com. Their prices may be a bit high, but if you call them Don and Carol would work with you on a price that you may be able to work with. OR I rent a one bedroom condo from Tuki Tuki at the same resort. You can contact her at [email protected]. She rents out her condo when she is not there and has a very good price. The location is about 10 minutes from downtown, has a fresh water pool, Crazy Canucks Beach bar and a dive shop on site. You would love it.

If you want to know more just drop me an email at [email protected]. I'd be happy to share more with you.

Whichever island you choose to stay, you won't go wrong. AC and CC are both wonderful islands but I would say that AC has more of a nightlife and more restaurants and shops to choose from.

Take care and have fun!!!

#88622 06/26/04 06:12 PM
K
K
Hi Shelly! Thanks for all the info...can't wait to get back in March. Talk to you soon, Kathy

#88623 06/26/04 09:15 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks for the tips.
Exotic Caye looks beautiful, but may be a little out of my price range.
I guess I may be spoiled by my $30 beachfront room on Isla.
But, I am ready for an adventure...so I will go read some more and prolly come back with more questions.

Ok, another question...

How do you all get to Belize?

I think flying to Cancun, taking the bus to Chetumal, and then a flight.
I live in Canada.......the only flights that are a little bit affordable are charters.......regular commercials flighs are ridiculously expensive.

Wanda
#88624 06/26/04 09:26 PM
J
J
I love both Ambergris Caye and Isla Mujeres. But, hotels are more expensive on Ambergris Caye. I'd check out Holiday Hotel or Ruby's and see what you think.

Our last trip we flew into Belize City, took the small plane to Ambergris Caye, then flew from AC to Corozal, then a cab to Chetumal, then a bus to Tulum. It would certainly be easy enough to do in reverse.

AC and Isla have a bit of the same feel, although
San Pedro doesn't have as nice a beach. But, the water is beautiful and it's a fun place. Since my Spanish is limited, I like the fact that everyone speaks English.

Jean

#88625 06/26/04 10:28 PM
I
OP Offline
I
Thanks Jean!
I do love the "feel" of Isla...I hope to find another place that has the same ambience.
I will check out those 2 places, thanks for the tip!!
I am so homesick for Isla right now......November seems a long ways away :-(

Wanda
#88626 06/27/04 12:50 AM
Inexpensive hotels in San Pedro include Rubies, Tomas, San Pedrano, and Conchshell. All on the beachfront and I would say they would all be safe.

Gone fishing!!
#88627 06/27/04 01:35 AM
I'm hearing that the (new) Coral Beach is nice too. Am I hearing right? They are having some pretty cool summer rates as well.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#88628 06/27/04 08:21 AM
Hi Isla, you can't fly from Chetumal to Belize. But, you can cross the border and fly from Corozal to San Pedro.
--Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.