Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#88706 06/29/04 09:17 AM
L
L
My favorite Paisano moment was during Hurricane Keith. During the height of the storm, Paisano was struggling by Bizner's where a group was holed up. They grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him in. He shared a bed with Charlene for several days much to her chagrin. Afterwards he told Bruce his wife "snored".

R.B. Mernitz
#88707 06/29/04 09:19 AM
My favorite subject PAISANO.
Paisano has always been my favorite character.

Always yells, Hey Pretty Lady.

Paisano actually gave me a beautiful pink shell, and refused the money my husband offered, took a coca cola instead.

My grandkids and I invited Paisano to have dinner with us at Fido's, the catch of the day that grandson had caught. He sat and ate with us which entertained all of Fido's. He got alittle loud ordering his coca cola, but just added to our amusement. He said the fish was good, kiss my hand when he left the table, and said he would play a song for us, and he did on his air guitar, with Barefoot Skinny. Best part was when my daughter got to Fido's late, and saw us with Paisano at the table, she did a big double take...LOL. Kodak moment.

Dare To Deviate
#88708 06/29/04 01:43 PM
J
J
Was in SP in March and saw Paisano many times through the week. One night at Fido,s I asked about him and was told he was years back rather well off for belize and ran a store in San Pedro.
The story was his demise came from getting involved in the drug trade and he eventually was using more than selling and is to this day a crackhead. This could explain the on and off behavior. He for sure is part of the local flavor and quite the character, and quite harmless. He's just trying to get from one day to the next, the same as we all do,except his is a much rougher route.

#88709 06/29/04 02:13 PM
T
Tom Offline
T
If you check back far enough you will find that the land that the air strip sits on once belonged to Paisano among other things. How he came to be what he is today does involve drugs and is why there is alot of mixed fellings about this man and what he is and what he could and maybe should have been. I doubt if there is anyone that either lives in San Perdo or that has only visited San Pedro that has noy encountered Paisano in same way.
My personal favorite however is after my place had been broken into one evening (not by Paisano) and several things had been taken, a bout a week later Paisano tries to sell me my swiss ary knife knife that had been dropped by the theif and had been laying out and was rusted and dirty. I said Paisano that knife is mine and it was stolen from me,he said "I no steal it" I said I know you didn't but i don't think I should have to buy it back from you. He said ok lady you just give me reward for find knife,OK. Of course I gave him the reward, byt not much of one,I have to admit.
Kat

#88710 07/04/04 07:07 PM
We were in San Pedro last November, during Thanksgiving week. One evening, we were at Fido's with a group of people and Pisano was there playing his "air guitar". I was lucky enough to get this great photo of the event. -->

http://cosmicfire.net/~edring/Paisano%2011-03.jpg

This is one of my favorite pictures from San Pedro!

#88711 07/04/04 09:21 PM
C
C
That is a fabulous picture!

#88712 07/05/04 08:27 AM
Love this picture of Paisano, looks like his health has improved.

Dare To Deviate
#88713 07/05/04 10:14 AM
here one for the book about a year and a half ago,I was driving my golf cart, and on the side of the street there is paisano saying give me a ride ..do not know who he is ???looks ,like a bum so I drive by him and do not stop.. . well for over a year every trip down he would see me driving by , he would yell,you fat bastard and shake his cane at me . about six months ago he was in the street he sees me and I yell do want a ride ,now we are buddys !!!and all he says to me is to give him five dollars mr capt ???. and so it I give a fiver each time I see him to keep peace ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#88714 07/05/04 11:21 AM
if I call you a fat bastard will you give me five dollars?????

#88715 07/05/04 11:30 AM
KBG Offline
Here in lies a life lesson,
You are at your computer thinking about Belize and Pizanno is in front of the crowd with Barefoot Skinny playing air guitar. Now who is the richer????? laugh wink :p

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.