Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#88847 06/29/04 07:39 PM
OP Offline
We woke up bright and early for another great breakfast at BB. When we finished, we were so anxious to get our things packed to move to Victoria House. However, we were also anticipating BC's BBQ. After several months of reading messages here on the board, we knew that we had to allow ourselves plenty of time to enjoy great food and conversation with the boarders.

We were among the first patrons at BC's on Sunday. Even though they were not finished getting the bar set up, we were ordering our drinks. We were expecting several other boarders, but had a short time to visit since we were moving from BB to Victoria House at 1 p.m. We only met Govikes and she told us about a few of the others in town. Unlike most, we ordered the fish and shrimp combo. We waited at least 45 minutes and were not able to eat at BC's. Because we had to be out of BB by 1, we had to get our food to go.

We returned to BB and loaded all of our luggage and our box of alcohol and snacks onto our golf cart and headed to VH. Even though we had stopped at VH the day before to check it out, there was nothing like our real arrival for the week. It was so funny when we arrived at VH on a golf cart with our luggage. The bellman looked slightly confused as they are accustomed to a taxi dropping off guests. I guess he thought we rented our golf cart at the airport.

We were immediately greeted by a couple of different employees and were told that our luggage would arrive to our room momentarily. Check in went great and we were given Room 11, which we had requested in advance. Room 11 is a plantation room on the second floor of the main building above the restaurant . It was highly recommended by our travel agent as it is on a corner of the balcony with no traffic and it overlooks the pool and ocean. It turns out that we could not have asked for a better location!

When we entered the room, the canopy and curtains were loosened around the bed. Some people consider it a mosquito net, but it is actually more like a thin curtain as it is thicker than a mosquito net. The rooms are A/C and do not need a net. It had a nice, big bathroom with a small refrigerator and plenty of drawer space. All over the room were fresh flowers. We could hardly wait to get unpacked and get to the bar. Since we were starving by this time, we hurriedly ate our BC's meal sitting on our balcony. Wonderful food!

We were in the bar no later than 2 p.m. The first bartender that we met was Tony and boy did we make an impression. (Tony became our favorite bartender of all times.) The bar is a short distance from the pool. I must say that the pool is the centerpiece of the resort. It is gorgeous. Many comfortable lounge chairs and even a few that are in the pool in an area that is probably only six inches deep. Keeps you cool when you are scorching.

There are a lot of honeymooners at VH and there is no wonder why. It is absolutely romantic. Quiet and impressive. Courteous staff. Premium liquor. I really can't say enough. Well, I could say more things, but won't bore you with all of the specific details. If you need more, just ask me.

We saw several iguanas and watched other guests feed them cherries. Could not believe that they eat them whole! Not just one cherry, but about 8!

We were so impressed with our first day at VH. When you stay at VH, they automatically assume that you are going to dine at the restaurant on your first night. Therefore, they make reservations for you. If you decide otherwise, you have to let the restaurant know. We knew that we had made an excellent choice for the remainder of our week. So, we decided to eat at VH for dinner. Now, that is fine dining. Great ceviche and molten chocolate cake! You have to order the cake when you place the rest of your order. If you eat nothing else, you must try the cake.

Another day of too much action. We were in bed by 10:30 p.m. This time we swore that we would rest up for a late night on Monday. We had to plan for Crazy Canuck's.

#88848 06/29/04 08:30 PM
Great, I can hardly wait for next days review......We leave Fri. morn so guess we won't get to read the finish till we get back....Sounds as tho you had a great time!!

John
#88849 06/30/04 07:28 AM
this is great reading ,a post thats makes you want to hear the next day and days .keep up the reviews please ..sounds like you where livin the dream big time ,

Living The Dream Every Day!
#88850 06/30/04 11:01 AM
Where is the story on the bad experience at Capricorn that you mentioned on the 11th? Did I miss is?

Enjoying your story... Can't wait to arrive in AC on July 8th!!!

#88851 06/30/04 11:09 AM
B
B
I think I made it to 11;30 one night...not sure though. Start on the punch at 10am and midnight is not really possible. When ya get up at 6am...hard to wait past 10 for the first drink.

#88852 06/30/04 12:13 PM
OP Offline
Malibu, you have not missed our story on Capricorn. We did not go there until our last night and what an experience it was - all bad! Anyway, we will provide all the details in a few more days when we get to our trip report for June 18th. Sorry you have to wait, but you'll know more before you leave for San Pedro.

#88853 06/30/04 12:39 PM
Have been really enjoying your trip reports. Thanks! 37 days and counting...mobunny

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.