Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89042 07/03/04 04:52 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Never see much mentioned on here about Xanadu and I had some apprension about booking it for our 30th anniversary trip, but we are sure glad we did.

It was one of the most comfortable, pleasant and well maintained places I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The rooms were comfortable, beautiful, spacious, clean, shady, breezy and private.

It was equipped with a complete kitchen with virtually new appliances. Full size stove and refrigerator (full of Belikins on arrival) coffee maker, toaster, microwave, blender, you name it. All except a dishwasher, but she came in around noon every day. Hot water was reliable, beds were comfortable, no bugs crawlin round. 24 hour security which I thought unnecessary.

A large 2nd floor deck, with table and chairs overlooked the ocean. Two full bathrooms were great. Satellite TV which we never turned on, phone we never used, DSL internet in the room. Heck I can't even get that at home!

Fabulous swimming pool, beautiful manicured grounds, nice pier and palapa. Banana and almond trees full of fruit. A market right up the lane. Convenient to town.

But the best part was the staff. Martin and Susan did everthing possible to make the stay perfect, and it was. They took care of booking all of our trips, calling us a cabs, getting a golf cart rental, etc. I'm sure they make a booking fee but the prices we paid through them were the same as if we had booked the trips ourselves, much more convenient and it elimated the problems of dealing with money on the water and in the wind.

There were no hidden fees and no surprises at checkout. The only thing I was surprised about was how reasonable the charges were for the services rendered.

Every day they would ask if all was well and every day our answer was "perfect in every respect." As hard as we thought about it, we could find nothing to fault. All in all, probably the best facility I have ever stayed at, anywhere.

We won (?) a free 7 night stay with the leaches at Capt. Morgans, but I went ahead and booked 2 more weeks at the Xanadu for next trip.

#89043 07/04/04 04:42 PM
C
C
We were at the Xanadu part of the time that Cracker Larry was there and we would second everything he said. Martin, Susan and Alex were super and the resort was beautiful. You can check out some pix with the link on our post for June trip. We also had them book our trips and had wonderful experiences with all of them.
Joy

#89044 07/05/04 04:16 PM
The beach is beautiful, too! Did you find it was too far from town?

CM's "leaches" ie: sharks were everywhere! eek Finally learned how to spot 'em coming and head the other way. laugh

#89045 07/05/04 09:42 PM
C
C
The walk from the Xanadu to town was about 15 to 20 minutes along the beach. We walked it with no problem. My Dad, who is 70, thought it was a little too far for him, so we took a cab in the evening. Getting to know the cabbies was great fun. We sometimes used the bikes that the Xanadu provided.
Joy laugh

#89046 07/06/04 01:47 PM
Thanks, Chemics. Seemed like it took forever to get there following the road. Going round & round the one-way streets and dodging the traffic. Found out later there wwere 5 cruise ships turned loose on SP that day. ugh Nice to know it's that close.

#89047 07/06/04 02:10 PM
Will be in AC in 2, yes TWO days! Can't wait.

What are the 'leaches' and sharks mentioned above?

By the way, staying at Portofino. Have you guys ever been there?

Thanks....

#89048 07/06/04 05:19 PM
C
C
Malibu,
The leaches and sharks are the timeshare salesman around town. The are even on the beach trying to hook you with the offer of a free future vacation. We were only caught once during our time and after we said we were not interested they asked us to return their brochure which we were glad to do. Never made it north of the cut so can't tell you anything about the Portofino. I'm sure you will have a great time though.
Joy

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 285 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.