Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Well, we finally have booked our first stay on AC... had a hard time deciding on where to stay north or south of cut and decided on Playa Blanca Island Villa which is pretty far north... we like the idea of isolation, peace & quiet and also the full use of boat for snorkeling & fishing... have heard good reviews about this place.

I'm looking for any info from experience on fishing & lobstering in end of Jan... is this a rough time of year for both? What to expect?

We lobstered in Abaco Bahamas last year at the end of the season, caught some bad weather, and ended up empty handed. Really hoping for some fresh lobster feasting on AC... from our boat to the boiling pot!

Even w/ full use of boat & guide (inside the reef) for our stay, will we want to book any other fishing guides... just not sure what to expect from our guide or what that season/time of year holds.

2 couples... the guys are avid fishermen, the gals love snorkeling... looking forward to some memorable times.

It's been fun lurking on this board and reading all of your threads! cool Thanks much.

Lisa

OP Offline
I am confused...

As I am searching for information regarding lobstering I am sensing almost a "reluctancy" of sharing any information about lobstering. Obviously it is an important natural resource...

Is is "taboo" for guides to be taking tourists lobstering... I am just finding so little about this... are they willing to talk fishing but "don't mention the lobster"??

Just curious... we want to be "good" and welcome tourists... we just happen to enjoy fishing and lobstering.

This is something you would probably have to arrange when you are there by asking around to the local folk. Fishing can be arranged in advance but no lobster men are probably going to be on this board.

B
B
Contact Captain Bicho. He took us lobstering and cooked them up for us on the beach. Very resonable price as well.

Check with Tulu. He'll help with all you want to do. A search of the board archives will get you the phone numbers.

S
S
Tulu:
600-4582 cell
226-2287 home

OP Offline
Thanks so much...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.