Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#89678 07/18/04 07:02 PM
J
JeanH Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I am thrilled to say we are returning to San Pedro on September 16 for a week. We'll be at the Belizean Reef. Anyone else traveling then?

Since this is the height of hurricane season, I'm wondering about trip insurance. Normally, we don't bother, but I'm wondering if we should make an exception. Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks in advance.

Jean in Iowa

We will be there from Sept 2nd - 13th so we'll miss you by a couple of days.

As for travel insurance ... I would recommend it if you have any reservations that something might deter your travels. We had to cancel a trip to Costa Rica this year because my wife broke her foot before the trip. Luckily she purchased travel insurance and we received a full refund.

Well worth the money for that peace of mind. We even purchased it for our trip to AC in Sept.

HAVE FUN!!! laugh

One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!
L
L
Jean, Where are you from in Iowa? I grew up in Iowa and went to Un. of Iowa. Always curious about the Iowans in Belize.

R.B. Mernitz
J
JeanH Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I live in North Liberty, which is essentially a suburb of Iowa City. I attended the University of Iowa myself, actually work there now (as a nurse). I grew up in Belle Plaine, husband is from Holstein originally.

Son of a son, any recommendations for insurance companies to purchase travel insurance? Thanks.

Jean

L
L
Jean, I know where North Libery and Holstein are. I lived in a small town in the northwestern part of the state, Swea City, which you have probably never heard of. It is in the area near Lake Okaboji and Spirit Lake. Am a retired nurse. Have great memories of growing up in Iowa. Best , LoveyP.s. Live just so. of Victoria House. It you frequent B.C.'s will probably run into you.

R.B. Mernitz
O
O
JeanH

I purchased mine online at:

csatravelprotection.com

They were less expensive and offered pretty much the same deal as some of the others.

OTB

We purchased ours online through "Travelguard". They're pretty reasonable on there price, I think around $75.00!

One Barrel and Sprite.....It doesn't get any better than that!
Hi Jean,

Are you the same Jean who gave me about Makanda on the Fodors board?

Lisa (makai1)

Jean,

Meant to say, gave me info about Makanda, CR. cool

J
JeanH Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Mona Lisa, Yep, that's me on the Fodor's board. We have found Ambergris Caye to be much more relaxing than Costa Rica, different type of vacation. Depends on what you're looking for, I guess. We always seem to be on the move in Costa Rica. In Belize, we have yet to make a day trip to the main land. One of these times....

Jean

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.