Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#89700 07/19/04 09:53 AM
OP Offline
When I stayed at Costa Maya in March and listened to their resort plans, they said they would be renovating and adding another pool.

Has anyone stayed there recently or stopped by for a visit? Have the renovations started? Are they really going to put a golf course up there?

K
K
I just can't picture a full fledged 18 hole golf course on AC. Seems like it would be a losing proposition all the way around.

S
S
Lotsa water hazards too!

Hi Sandy
My wife and I just got back from AC and we stayed at Costa Maya. They have not started any major renovations yet, but we thought the resort was really nice. I heard something about a miniture golf course (like Putt-Putt)... that may be what you're thinking of.

We had a really nice vacation at Costa Maya. It's a little isolated and the boat ride to town is expensive, but once we settled into our isolation we had a great time. The service was superb and the restaurant was very good. The beach wasn't great but we enjoyed lounging on it all the same. The free snorkeling at Mexico Rocks was fantastic!

Let me know if you have other questions.

OP Offline
We stayed at Costa Maya and agree that it was a nice resort. We went to a time share presentation and were told that they have major investors and plan to make the resort a 5 star property, golf course included (and not a putt putt).

According to the presentation,they are going to move the current units to the the back side of the island and build new three story units where the old ones were. There was also talk of putting a paved road in from San Pedro to North of the cut. Renovations to the units were supposed to start in May, however, if they are on San Pedro time, who knows when work will actually begin. Supposedly, large hotel chains have purchased land on the North end.

I definately would recommend Costa Maya to anyone wishing for rest and relaxation. The staff were great and the units were clean and comfortable.

S
S
A good friend works up there.

He says, they will not be developing a golf course. This will be the vacation club's only property without a golf course.

It will be five star, as with their properties in Puerto Vallart, British Columbia, Cabo (new) and Hawaii (new).

This will give the island two five star vacation clubs. Captain Morgan's just received a Five Star rating.

They will be starting the renovations in less than one week. Three 40' containers are in The Port of Belize clearing Belize Customs.

The existing structures will be pushed back a bit, not to the back of the island. These will be used for marketing and rental purposes.

New construction will be in their place, keeping the same overall theme. One or more pools will be added and several other amenities (conv. store, spa, sales center.....).

I understand they have or are planning to make an arrangement with the golf course at Caye Chapel (#4 in the Caribbean - Attaché Mag.) for the vacation club owners.

Paved road? That is a stretch. A better road is inevitable, seeing level of construction up north.

SIN wink

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.