Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Who wants in?

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
I'm interested, but need some details. Thanks!

L
L
I'm in. Got a plan? Have a couple of ideas. I'm down south and could help in that area to get something organized.

R.B. Mernitz
Good idea Sir, If I lived there I'd sign up.

gforrest.imageculture.com
H
H
Sir thinks its a great idea ,woulf be honnored to join the ranks when we get their .Allways thought so much could be recycled and some recycled into art projects. Iknow up north trash glore from cruise ships and that has to stop.Good luck

I hear the trash is mostly coming from Chetumal rather than cruise ships. Fortunately, for Consejo and Corozal currents take it out to sea towards Ambergris Caye and points south. Don't know how accurate that is but I do know we get ZERO trash on our Consejo shores. (Another advantage to that area.)

gforrest.imageculture.com
A week ago we were at Wet Willy's, some kids were swimming around the dock, someone came out and said if they would pick up the bottles around the dock they would give them free cokes...what an inspiration! The kids picked up 4 crates of bottles! Kudos to the person who gave them the cokes and to the kids.

S
OP Offline
S
OK....

While VP of BETA (Belize Eco-Tourism Association) we attempted an adopt-a-highway program. It worked for the clean-up but wasn't a continued project. It did clean up the Western Highway, for a while at least.

We also came up with the phrase "Beta No Litta".

Ambergris Caye finds itself at the end of the Caribbean, the Western shore of the Western Caribbean. Thus a lot of trash from other Islands and Mexico float on down to our lovely shores.

I would recommend we set-up a little group of residents and business owners, nothing too formal (ugh), the last thing we need is another association.

Then we can cut up the length of the island, or most of it, into sections. We'll need to determine the size or length of each section.

We may want to charge folks an adoption fee and use this for advertising reasons and then have them and their employees (if a business) go out and do a massive clean-up on a Sunday.

Kick this around and shoot back some ideas on the thread.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Sounds like a good plan, maybe the schools will be interested as well.

Reality..What a concept!
L
L
Sounds like a good plan. Think many of our neighbors would be happy to participate. Perhaps we can use it as a method to get to know our neibors too. Maybe getting together at one of our houses for a post clean up party of some kind. Thanks for a great idea. Lovey

R.B. Mernitz
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.