Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90240 08/03/04 09:56 PM
OP Offline
Sunday, July 25th

I woke up after what I thought was a long night's sleep. I didnt realize that the sun hits you 3 time zones away, and it was only 5:30. Mac and Julie were already awake. We hung out for awhile, and decided to go walk and try to find some breakfast. The doors were open at Papi's, so we went in. It was only 6:40 and Papi kept apologizing for not being ready, even thought he doesnt open until 7....It was worth the wait. The breakfast burrito I had was as big as my forearm, and it had more vegetables in it than I usually eat in a week. The fyr jacks were awesome. He also has the freshest orange juice Ive ever had(heard rumors about the store he gets it from, but we never found it)...anyway, Papi gets an A+ for breakfast....went back to the room and fed Beth my leftovers and a Coca Cola Light(no Diet Coke here), then she purred, rolled over, and went back to sleep, not having much trouble adjusting to island life...A young man walks up to my room and asks if we ordered a golf cart. Here's where it gets interesting. When we checked in the clerk gave us a rate at one place of $290 US for the whole week, which was better than most of the rates I saw on line, so we said OK. Cholo's Carts rate was only $237. We hadnt signed anything, so we rode to Cholo's and got our cart. Never heard from the other desk clerk about it, so I guess it was all kosher. I think everybody probably gets paid commission from everyone else down here.. We went grocery shopping for awhile, and laid down for a nap around noon. After we all woke up , we decided to go exploring. We didnt get far. The hammock house called our name once we saw it. Barefoot was there and gave us the dime tour. Met Libby, who is actually from a small cajun town not far from where we live, and the bartender, who if you ask her name will tell you "Linda Carter, Wonder Woman." Talked to Libby for awhile about the beer monopoly among other things..She said every now and then she can get a case of Budweiser for around $90 US, and even then it will be a year and a half outdated...crazy..She also said the Belikin draft you see in plastic bottles in a few places is actually 3 years old, and they keep changin the label to try to get rid of it... We had a few drinks, and promised to come back later for the jam session....we actually went back to the room for another nap, can you actually have too much sleep??? wake up, get dressed, and head back to the Hammock House...they were advertising Bourbon glazed baby-back ribs, and some thing else, chicken maybe, that I dont remember....anyway we start drinking, they had a pretty extensive specialty drink menu, and we were determined to try them all.I remember something with Myers rum, local coconut rum, cream, and something else...awesome!!..the jam session was in full swing, with a good mixture of locals and tourists, pros and amateurs...Beth and I ended up sharing a Cajun Lobster tortilla wrap which was fabulous...Julie had some type of mango wrap, which was a little sweet for my taste, but good anyway....meanwhile Mac has fallen asleep(passed out??) in one of the hammocks..oh well, more for the rest of us, I guess.....after he woke up he decided to slide down the fire escape/trash chute/whatever....here's where the Stupid Person picture comes in...Beth decides if Mac can do it, then why cant she??this is funny, because she isnt always the most adventurous person...somehow she bangs her right forearm inside the tube, and I thought she broke her arm....great, here we are, it's after midnight, we get back to the room and she is really hurting, which bothers me because shes one of those women who says women are always tougher, thats why they have the babies....she finally convinces me that its not broken and falls asleep, and Im laying in bed next to her conflicted not knowing if Im the bad husband for not getting her medical treatment, or a good husband for letting her sleep....oh well, read half of the book I brought that night, and I was pretty well caught up on my sleep I figure....only bad part of the day was when we met the Seven Seas timeshare salesman which was the beginning of a beautiful and fruitful relationship(yeah right), but thats another trip report altogether......goodnight

PS: dont drink the Belikin Draft

#90241 08/04/04 07:14 AM
Didn't I just read a report stating the Belikin Draft was pretty close to Bud? Hmmmm. Keep the reports coming. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#90242 08/04/04 07:29 AM
OP Offline
I'm not a Bud man, so youre probably right.....

#90243 08/04/04 11:12 PM
OP Offline

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.