Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
E
SOCCER CLUBS ??? With all the poverty, soccer clubs ??? eek How about the clinic, library, lunch program, schools, boys camp. Just to name a few.

immissing, all you suggest would be good, too. I suggest the soccer club because it is the local sport & the children are trying very hard to raise funds for travel, equipment, etc. It's important in their lives. $5us isn't a lot when it gives a child such pleasure. Recreation is needed, too. You will notice, I listed the church first, though. wink

E
E
eg, the church was duely noted, thus no reference was made to it. "God, Country, The Corp".

Okay, it's been awhile....Supposed to have posted that HERE. shocked

Hmmmm�.

Anecdotally I have mixed feelings on whether we did the right thing by bringing down school supplies. But again, my experience is one of hundreds that happen every year.

My suggestion for the community is to have an accountable group that would serve as the "clearing house" for the donations. We have them here in the states, different world down there though�

Having said that, if I ever make it to San Pedro again, I'll bring more supplies. I'll also bring back more Marie Sharps!

It doesn't cost that much, plus you'll have an empty backpack for your goodies to take home!!!

D
D
A big "THANK YOU" to our boarder lawcucui for her generous donation of school supplies that was sent to us.

We really appreciate it.

I've taken some pictures to send to her as proof that her donation went to the school kids.

K
K
The obvious answer is to donate items to a school or a library or one of the organizations, like the Lion's Club or Rotary. I know a lot of people bring candy and toys, stuff like that, and it is nonsense, the last thing the kids need.
Supporting a soccer team is a good thing, keeps the kids in shape and off the street!
Don't forget the possibility of sponsoring a kid's schooling.
There are many ways to support a country like Belize without upsetting anybody's feelings. I have gotten some computers donated to a school here in San Pedro and I am desperate to get them from PA to either Houston or Miami. The shipping from the States to Belize is paid for, but not the shipping in the States. Want to help?
I always tell the kids begging for a shilling that just like me, they will have to work for that shilling. Then I send them on a small errand or something to make them get the point. Then they go and spend the shilling on those awful little bags of "chips". So lay off the candy and the toys.........Some kids told me their "tourist friends" were coming and they were going to get all this stuff. I asked them what that made me and they all said "but you are our friend!" and this from the kids that has to earn a shilling!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.