Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: American Airlines problem? #90780
08/20/04 09:28 AM
08/20/04 09:28 AM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline
roomyway here the skinny about customs in mia..when you finaly get to the customs booths go over all the way I said all the way to the right do not get on any line till you are at the last three lines again all the way to the right at the end you will see the end of the place and the end wall and it will be to your right ...most ..people just follow the masses ,and get on a line the lines in front of them bad ,walk to the right around the square pileing you will see vey few people in line. just a trick I learned since this my thing travel ,and I travel a lot.

also to all thanks for all the info about the us air to charlotte airport, the capt is just trying livin the dream as long as I can ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Re: American Airlines problem? #90781
08/20/04 12:21 PM
08/20/04 12:21 PM
Dallas, TX USA
knowell Offline
knowell  Offline
Miami seems to be the worst airport. The last 4 flights we had coming out of Miami have had problems. It seems American can get planes to Miami from every where we have been on time but there is always a problem with the plane leaving Miami. After our last ordeal I suggested they may need to hire more or better mechanics there. Like most of you above we now try to avoid connecting in Miami at all cost.

Re: American Airlines problem? #90782
08/20/04 12:54 PM
08/20/04 12:54 PM
New York City
Scubacat Offline

Scubacat  Offline
Doesn't AA check your baggage from your destination straight through to Belize? I am coming from LGA to Belize via Miami and have flown AA very often without any problems. I have checked my bags and never had to pick them up and then go through customs? We didn't have to do that when we went to Negil, Jamaica - or the Grand Caymans. Our luggage went straight to our destination. I will, however, take the Capt. advise and clear customs all the way to the RIGHT!! Thanks for the tip. wink

Re: American Airlines problem? #90783
08/20/04 01:03 PM
08/20/04 01:03 PM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline
scubacat the problem is you when come home ,not on the outbond to belize. it is belize on mia leg ..when you return to the good usa. the ship starts .. and yes they check you thru going .but coming home you need to get your bags after passport control thats the real problem with the lines at passport/imagration boths ...

Re: American Airlines problem? #90784
08/20/04 01:06 PM
08/20/04 01:06 PM
St. Louis, MO
tradewinds Offline
tradewinds  Offline
I especially like the customs agents who sit there with an open passport pretending they're doing something, but their eyes are looking up at the ceiling. Meanwhile, there's 100 people waiting in line.

Re: American Airlines problem? #90785
08/20/04 03:39 PM
08/20/04 03:39 PM
Swampscott,Ma
J
Jack and Rose Offline

Jack and Rose  Offline
J
Simple: Miami is a crap hole city for the most part,why not have a crap hole airport.It is one the absoulte worst in the country.

Charlotte is an awesome airport. Run the way they should be.

Re: American Airlines problem? #90786
08/20/04 04:39 PM
08/20/04 04:39 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Hi Jeff,
I have flown US air to Belize 24 times. Never once had a problem there, even with my DeeOGee. Usually just sail right thru. I think you will like it, and the Charlotte airport is very relaxed.
When is your next trip? We really do have to FINALLY get together for dinner.
Cheerz,
Vicki

Re: American Airlines problem? #90787
08/21/04 08:07 AM
08/21/04 08:07 AM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline
vicki the capt will be down god be willing sept 12 ,,if your down will see ya for sure hope all is well and peace is in your life ..

Re: American Airlines problem? #90788
08/22/04 04:56 PM
08/22/04 04:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
Scubacat - I am not a US citizen and can only speak from experience, but I cannot recall any instance in recent years transiting the USA when I have NOT had to collect my baggage from the incoming flight and re-check it for the outgoing, with all the security implications. Yet only once was my baggage NOT checked all the way through. This predated 9-11, though the process has become far more tortuous since. I can't recall any other country where I have had to do this.

Re: American Airlines problem? #90789
08/22/04 05:25 PM
08/22/04 05:25 PM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
I'm confused - on maybe just too tired to comprehend the customs/immigration issue in Miami and never having flown thru there, I speak not form eperience.

why is the world would your bags NOT be checked through to BZE, if you are on one domestic flight connecting in Miami to BZE??? I've never ever had to claim & recheck luggage on a domestic flight connecting to an international bound flight pre 9/11 or post whether traveling to BZE, Italy, France, UK.....of course, if you are talking about a return flight to US, then that's a whole different scenario.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
August
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 150 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics71,858
Posts482,141
Members19,686
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.