Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Chris Berlin and others said they took a lot roof damage. But they should be able to rebuild...

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-13-2000).]

B
B
[Linked Image] Oh no! this is bad news for us since this is one of our oldest favorites. I do hope they rebuild but it is sad that it won't be on the original spot.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Nooooo! The glory of Elvi's was the big tree in the middle of the yard. That is where we use to go to make phone calls in 1981. Well as long as the burgers are still good. Oh and the watermelon drinks.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
the tree is gone.
;<

C
C
Marty,when I was over there it looked like Elvi's was damaged pretty badly but it looked like it was just the back part where the thatched roof was.I thought it was going to be rebuilt pretty easily.Maybe the tree did damage that I could not see?
Chuck
P.S.-I actually walked to the window and looked in-guess I couldn't see enough

Chuck E.
Sad news indeed.

You may read of my 1980 adventures at Elvi's on one of my Mervino's Hole in the Web pages.

The story is entitled "Burgers and a singular telephone..." on the page http://freeweb.pdq.net/mervino/bb-05.html - and you'll see why the sad news hits me hard.

The rest of the story is that, during my many dealings with the Staines family in the years that followed, my affection for all of them grew and grew and (therefore) my coping with their loss greater and greater.

Mr. Enrique Staines, were he still here, would probably laugh at me and say, "No big thing, Mervino."

Mervino Key

I nearly forgot to add: as you read the Elvi's paragraph, click on "Elvi's Kitchen" for a photo and more of the story.

M.

[This message has been edited by Mervino (edited 10-09-2000).]

So you've come to the tropics?
Mervino
I guess I should have stressed that going to the URL http://freeweb.pdq.net/mervino/bb-05.html will tell what Elvi's was like in 1980 and 2000 before Keith.

Mervino.

So you've come to the tropics?
Mervino
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Well i sure hope you are right Chuck, maybe I got a bit of rumor and not fact. It has happened before.

I sure hope so.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Our first family Thanksgiving dinner on Ambergris was spent last year at Elvis, eating a typical Thanksgiving meal, but with lobster instead of turkey! We will always have fond memories of that day and the wonderful people and food there. We look forward to our next meal at Elvis, whereever that might be.

C
C
I saw the one photo with the big beautiful
old tree crashed down on the roof of Elvi's.
Elvi's was the first place I ever ate in in San Pedro back in the 1980's. How sad for so
many reasons!!! I wish the Staines all the
best in whatever direction they go...a new
sight would be nice, but very different
atmosphere than the original....disappointed
in Arizona..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.