Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#92035 09/23/04 04:06 PM
Compass Offline OP
OP Offline
In my sister's words, "I just want to catch a really big fish. I don't care what kind it is. I just want something that looks good in a photograph and puts up a good fight."

Neither one of us have much salt water fishing experience. Any thoughts and suggestions that anyone would like to offer will be appreciated.

We will be in AC in February? How much should we expect to pay for a day of deep sea fishing including all gear? Do we pay for the whole boat or per person? Do we need to make prior arrangements (reservations)?

Life is what happens while you are making other plans.
D
DJH Offline
D
I know you pay for the boat not per person. This is something we have wanted to do also but I don't think Feb is a good time of the year. Which is when we are always there. Maybe you will find something out. I tried last year and didn't get much of a response.

you pay by the charter you get a price for half day or full day out ,then add your extras ,like bbq beach lunch etc if you want . ,, very fair prices ,cheap when compared to the states ,go to my buddy fishingsanpedro.com web site I go each month with them and catch lots of fish ,action galore.he is the famous capt bicho rivero .. a nice guy and vey good guide he will show you all you need to know ,expert instruction and it will be your best day there .. go live the dream and enjoy ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
captjeff - I cannot find anybody who does DEEP-SEA fishing. fishingsanpedro.com only does reef and flat..... Do you know who might offer DEEP-SEA trips?

fishingsanpedro.com does reef and flats great action almost aways produce super fishing but ,the offshore fishing is not great here.most want to go out to get a game fish but all they get is a boat ride !!!!!! just lots of broken promises but no fish ... however next summer when bicho gets his new 28 foot custom fishing boat he will go way off shore to areas away from here..a long ride. a half day away but too long for a one day trip ... but for now !!!!he gets all the action people want, fish after fish some big cud'as up three to four feet long feet and folks seem like that,,they like the action and makes for a great day .. much better ..than a slow boat to china ,just trolling for a dream fish but no bites !!! bicho gives his passangers lots of bang for the buck they love him and he pampers them .but if people like to go on a boat ride go on the lady sharon tour boat ,nice night out no fishing boat but a nice time .. go live the dream and have fun ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
Try www.seasportsbelize.com but they are based out of Belize City. Excellent company.

G
G
Compass,
There are quite a few people that blue water fish in Belize (mostly private trips) but not many charters out of San Pedro. Is that going to be your only destination in Belize?
Last year my fishing group had checked to charter Sea Boots from Hustler last year for the Belikin tournament (this year's tournament is next weekend out of the Belize Yacht Club on AC) but we ended up chartering a boat out of Placencia that is rigged for blue water fishing.
Blue water fishing is expensive (and can sometimes be slow but we have never come back skunked so I guess it is a matter of skill and a good captain).
I think most fishing guides in San Pedro trying to make a living are restricted by the type of gear necessary, the weather factor, and boat size and it is much easier to be rigged out for flats or reef fishing and there is more of a demand for.
If it is your sisters dream to catch the big one, then tell her I said go for it and, to get her motivated, I will paste a link to my sister's dream that she lived a few years ago on one of the many tournaments we have fished in Belize. //ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/fishdeep.html

Also, may be a good chance that our all female fishing team will be back in action in February for the International Billfish Tournament since we are unable to fish next week.

Pedro Graniel has a boat rigged for the kind of fishing you are inquiring about. His number in San Pedro is 226-2584.

Compass Offline OP
OP Offline
GailM,

We will be in Belize 3 weeks and only 7 days of that will be on Ambergris. Other than a trip to Tikal we are probably just going to "wing it" for the rest of the trip and see where the wind blows us. Although if something really interesting comes along we will make advance reservations. Can you give me more information about the boat you chartered from Placencia?

Life is what happens while you are making other plans.
G
G
I will be glad to help out and will send you an email on Sunday or Monday. Fishing two days starting early AM tomorrow and I've got to get some rest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 146 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.