Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
well fishing and food fans here is the skinny on sept ,fishing and restaurants for the month .

fishing was just fair ,the storm was just passing us by ,no rain in the day a little a night but reef was getting a huge swell ,so reef fishing was not great ,but we did have some action packed days ,just not what we are use too,as we are spoiled with catching fish after fish till our arms hurt ..this was not the case this week sept 12 to the 18 ..

day one our guests was chris from pelican real estate ,and my self ,we each caught about twenty snappers each mine being the biggest ,I think ??? well it was ??? the sea was calm, but the bottom was churned up from the off shore swell breaking over the reef.. as you can guess we where fishing the inside reef .not out side as the storm was producing huge waves ,and they were all the way rolling to the beach .. sun was out , we had a fun day capt bicho rivero is my guide /captain he is the owner of fishingsanpedro.com ,the best fishing guides and boats in sanpedro,I love this guy.. any way he says forget tomorrow the sea will get worse.. I asked him how he knows??? he just smiles and says 45 years of living on this island and fishing for forty is why ..and gringo to trust him on is one.best bet for for gringos to sleep in the next day and have fun on the island .. the next day I wake up, and the winds is howling ,seas are crashing into the docks ,all hell is breaking loose .I go over to the lagoon side to see capt bicho at his house and dock . he is smiling at me with a I told ya look .. says jeff very nasty storm out there in the ocean way out .all the boats from the front are tied up in the back lagoon for safety ..the front docks by the beach is just to rough.. too much swell , docks are broken and some battered ,boats are being tossed around .good sunning and checking out the work on my new condo day... but not a day to out on the water ...fishing is off till the next day lots to do here ..

the next day sun is shining ,we go out steve and william from the coconet internet cafe , nice guys who are lots of fun ,there place is town a great place to book tours , drink cold beer and check up on your e mail ..anyway we go out seas have calm down a some , not great but ok to fish ,we catch some snapper ,slow action but we catch some fish we caught about thirty fish total for the mornning not great ,,but a fun mornning ,capt bicho says fishing will get better ,each day , the next day no fishing for me as I go to belize city for furniture looking ,for my new , condo but a group from texas goes out with capt bicho for the fishing and snorkel , and the famous lobster bbq beach feast ,they catch lots of fish ,some big ones ,and eat a ton of bbq lobsters for lunch with all the goodies ,yum, yum ,they said they had a great day with capt bicho and his son bicho jr best deal and value on sanpedro. there quote on qoute ..

well we fish thurs the guests on the trip are ,chris my buddy ,govikes from the board , joe from pelican reef resort a new condo being built south real nice place ..and my self the ,fishing is just ok wind up from the north ,we catch some nice size snapper ,govkies is catching all the fish ,photos to follow ,bicho jr is her personal crew member he likes the swim suite,she is wearing ,, me ands chris on our.own no floozy see thru bikini like her.. ..fishing was a steady pick of fish.not as good as the day before ,says capt bicho but thats the way fishing can be after a storm ..all in all this trip we only fished for three days always caught fish and a had good times .and lots of laughs and fun was had by all... but not the fabulous fishing we are so uesd too.. but a good time was had by all ..next month will be better ???.

eating out at my favorte restaurants was challenging as half of my favorite restaurants where closed for vacation !!!!!!still had some very good meals at carumba ,was still great.. very good prices ..the ownner rene, and his brother do a great job , fun guys ,good fresh sea food . big drinks,try the watermelon smoothie with booze or not . ..jade garden a super chinese restarant try the home made egg rolls ,shrimp and pork fried rice and shrimp in black bean sauce just great .. a new restarant open up , the name is ali babba a small middle eastern food restaurant this place has a new thing to the island ,great rotisserie chicken... the chicken is cooked on a spit in front of you.. with all the delicious spices ,the side dishes are great like hummus ,baba,ganoush,special salad ,pita bread and more ..,yum ,,yum , right near airport .very good prices .. also had some very tasty meals at mickeys place .lobster thermidor/and mashed garlic potato's was just delicious ,and bc bar next to sun breeze hotel ,sun lunch bbq a island must do ...this was just what we needed..as we needed a bbq rib fix .the beer, drinks and good local friends and tourists was fantastic and we was living the dream big time ....and my last meal before going home was the tapas appetizers and special spanish paella at casa picasso is must on fri night for wonderful food owned by a sweet couple a husband and wife team they do a great job ,wonderful food ,great service and drinks make this place a must on your dinning out list .

well thats the sept.... fishing ,and dinning out report,love this place, some very nice people here,,and some vey special to me. as I come here each month they are like family ,and they go out of there way to try to help me live the dream and enjoy life to the max..

Living The Dream Every Day!
captjeff, I love reading your reports and can't wait to get back to AC in Feb., and go fishing with Bicho again and live the dream!

OP Offline
tradewinds yes , looks like you are a capt bicho and fishingsanpedro.com fan ,I am chairman of his fan club love the guy.. ..and I am a unofficial sanpedro town cheerleader .love the fishing ,love the people ,love the island ,living the dream is made easy here ..see ya soon ..

sounds like a fish tale to me!

do fish tales (tails) make sounds? eek

OP Offline
helo gay my blister girl,and my buddy cool hand david.yes,a whale of a tail .when are you comming back to fish with the capt..

G
G
Capt. Jeff, you left out the part about Chris and how he caught many MANY fish. Unfortunately they were never big enough to keep. Most weren't any bigger than the bait. I'm sure he will chime in and say it is because he had a floppy rod. But we know the real deal. I can't wait to go again! laugh

hi jeff, miss you already.
i would go back tomorrow if possible. will you ever come to houston?
fishing report for galveston bay was a stinker this weekend. No fish, just sitting on the pier, enjoying the temp drop into the 80's, therapy.

OP Offline
govikes my love ,what do you mean chris has a floopy rod ??? what does that have to do with fishing .yes photos to be put up of the fish soon .your big one and well chris, with a very little one.. had a great time with you ,and you are always welcome with to fish and hang with me.... ...

OP Offline
gay no plans to go to texas..we will have to hook up in sanpedro..and fish our butts off ..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.