Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#92570 10/07/04 03:58 PM
egcntrk Offline OP
OP Offline
Yippee!!! laugh Beginning to plan next trip to AC. Stayed at Paradise Villas last time & loved it. Will have another couple with us this time...both the men having walking issues. PV location had no walking issues for us...close to everything we needed.

Looking at Belizean Reef Condos and Corona del Mar.

The package at BRC looks good. Who are their snorkeling trips booked thru? Is the early morning air traffic a noise problem? confused Would also like to know how "private" the beach area feels. If no pool is one allowed to use another facilities pool? Best room with ocean view...gound or upper.

CdM: liking this one, too! Free rum punch? :p I'm reading the breakfast is continental...yes/no? Same questions on the noise, beach and room. The elevator could be a plus for the guys if upper floors have the best view.

Wondering if the big Supermarket is the closet to both of these. :rolleyes:

Questions, questions.......all info will be appreciated! cool

#92571 10/07/04 04:17 PM
My vote would be Corona Del Mar, AND a golf cart. Woody's rum punch is available to guests all day long and he's not shy about depleting the local rum source. This is a CDM refreshment not to be trifled with, nor would you want to try your three coconut juggling act after a couple.

On the other hand, nobody really wants to see the juggling act anyways. (At least that's what I've been told, not from personal experience)

#92572 10/07/04 07:52 PM
We spoke with Corona Del Mar today -- sounds like a great place. But if you are only planning to stay for all day rum punch, don't. They have discontinued due to this perk cutting into overhead. Now, you just get a free welcome drink.

#92573 10/07/04 08:30 PM
J
J
We're big fans of Beizean Reef. Condos are large, very good light, and nicely furnished. We were there a couple weeks ago, weather was really not. Only the bedroom is air conditioned. Not a problem for us, but we very rarely use the A/C here in the midwest. When we were there in March, we didn't use the a/c at all, sea breezes were fine for cooling the entire unit.

We've not used a package there, but when we did arrange a snorkel trip thru Belizean Reef, it was booked with Amigos del Mar.

Both of our stays there have been on the third floor. Great views. I think there would be a lot to be said to being on ground level too, would make for some great people watching. The airplane noise is a non-issue. Once in awhile you might here a plane, but it truly isn't intrusive.

It's just so close to town, I honestly can't think of a better location if you want to be able wander easily. I don't know about using any pools. Ramon's dock is a very short walk away.

Jean

#92574 10/08/04 12:27 AM
If a couple of the guys have walking problems, will they also have stair climbing problems? If so, then properties where they can't ensure a ground floor unit, are probably not a good option.

Corona del Mar is the only property with an elevator.

Paradise Villas is a great choice for many reasons. There are two supermarkets just a hop and skip from the front entrance.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#92575 10/08/04 11:46 AM
How about Sunbreeze? Or Mayan Princess?

#92576 10/08/04 03:18 PM
C
C
Or Xanadu?

#92577 10/11/04 11:51 AM
egcntrk Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for all the info!

CHOOCHOO, will be no juggling act from this girl...I'd end up with a coconut bashing me in the head...and that would be without the rum punch!

mwskbb: Rum punch wasn't the only reason but it could influence the decision laugh

JeanH, your info was very helpful. Appreciate the noise problem being cleared up. Like you, we don't really need AC throughout the unit.

seashell, exactly why I looked at CdM...elevator for the fellas. Paradise Villas is a great location & I know exactly where those 2 grocery stores are...visted them every day!

BarbaraK, will check those two out.

CrackerLarry, Xanadu looks wonderful but is much more pricey & a further walk into town. The more saved on lodging [within reason] the more to spend on snorkeling tours. lol cool

#92578 10/11/04 01:36 PM
C
C
It's worth every $BZ! Cabs are cheap. You're on vacation!

#92579 10/11/04 02:43 PM
Yeah, Unit #15 at Xanadu is one of my favorite places on the island. They are all nice but I love the balcony deck at #15. (wouldn't be great for your people E, upstairs location and spiral stairs in the unit as well.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 313 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.