Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#92703 10/11/04 09:49 PM
K
kooma Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello all. I think this is a great website! I hope some of you can help me out. I've read everything on this site and I'm still undecided where to stay.

We're looking for a 2 bedroom villa with kitchen for a week in Feb. The things we consider important are:
- Air condition both central areas and bedrooms
- pool. hot tub would be nice
- allow children under 2
- nicest beach for swimming
- close / walking distance into town
- <$300 USD / night all taxes and extras in

We are considering Palms and Exotic Caye Beach.

For anyone who has been down there or living there now, can you please help me out!

Thanks in advance.

Kooma: I have stayed at the Exotic Caye Beach Resort the last two times and am again staying there in January. It fits my style. A few things, it does have a pool, the beach is nice but not the greatest for swimming. It does have alot of sea grass. The beach at Ramons and Banyan Bay are probably the nicest beaches for swimming. However, Exotic Caye does have a restaurant on site (Monkey Bites) for those times when you want a quick snack; Crazy Canucks (beach bar) is on site with the two best bartenders on the island (IMHO); new dive shop just went in (Ocean Adventures); about a 10 minute walk into town; Pepperonis is right across the street with the best pizza; the supermarket is about a 5 minute walk; and Don and Carol the managers are awesome and can coordinate any kind of activity you want. The condos are nice and for your price you can get one of the nicer ones.

I can send you pictures if you'd like. Email me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to share more with you.

Take care!

S
S
Hi Kooma... Here's my 2 cents for The Palms... We have stayed there several times and it sounds perfect for you... It is on the edge of town, only a 2 or 3 minute walk to dining and shopping. The top (3rd) floor has great 2 bedroom units with wonderful verandas. I can't think of the room number, but the top floor unit on the far south end would be best for you as all rooms are on one floor with the second bedroom next to the master. It also has a huge kitchen/living room area. The Palms is right next door to Ramon's and that area has some of the best beach area within walking distance. But in my opinion, the biggest reason that The Palms would work better for you is the fact that you have 2 kids under 2. It is at least a 10 minute walk to Exotic Caye for an adult, maybe twice that long for little ones. Pushing a stroller on the beach would be difficult and the road is not in the best of shape and there is getting to be alot of traffic. I think you would have to rent a golf cart for sure. Not so at The Palms. The pool at The Palms is on the small side and not on the beach, but it does not get alot of use (at least when we've stayed there) and the palms and lush vegitation around it make it secluded and very relaxing. The Palms does not have a restaurant or bar but there are many within a very short walk. Good luck making your decison and wherever you stay I'm sure you'll love AC!
Scott

The Palms & Exotic Caye are both good but the only ones with shallow kiddie sections of the pool are Banyna Bay & Xanadu. May be important for kids under 2. Of course the sea at all places is very shallow for quite a ways out. The picture of the kids near/in the sea on my website is taken directly in front of The Palms (kids were 18 mos & 5 yrs at the time)

www.barbsbelize.com

The best pool on AC that I have experienced is Belizian Shores. Zero depth entry, in water pool bar for the adults, and loads of seats in the water. However, it is north of the cut and about 3.5 miles from town.

Again, totally depends on what kind of accommodations you are looking for, the price you're willing to pay, and if you want to stay close to town or not.

Enjoy paradise!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.