Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#92714 10/12/04 07:52 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I´m going to SanPedro a few days before my friends arrive.
I´m looking for a cheap and nice place to stay for theese days i December.
I like some diving and hope I can get out on some trips. Do you think I have to book the diving from home? Any recommentations?
And where shall I sleep? Looked at Martas and Pedro´s Inn. Are they OK for a backpacker? The closer to town or diving, the better..

S
S
Hello,

Martha's is much closer to town.. In fact, it's smack middle of it. Pedro's is a 15-20 minutes walk. They are both perfect for backpackers. I am much more partial to Martha's.
I recommend Alonzo Flota for local dives, and Amigos del Mar for Blue Hole dives, although everyone probably has a favorite. www.underdasea.com

Have a good trip.

You can book your diving once you arrive. While Alonzo may well be recommended for local dives, his website indicates that he works mostly out of the north area and your intention is to be in town.

If staying at Marthas, just head over to Amigos del Mar (or Reef Adventures, for a smaller shop)to make your arrangements upon arrival.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

As for budget acco, you don't say what you consider budget, but have you looked at http://www.coralbeachhotel.com/ ? There's another place in town, called Tomas' (Thomases) just off the beach and well located, unless it has shut down for some reason. Anyone have more info on this hotel?

S
S
Tomas Hotel is right behind Cholo's bar, I'm not sure of the current status, but it is more expensive than Martha's.
Also, even though Alonzo is based at El Pescador, he will pick up divers at any docks close to them. cool

If under a tight budget, Martha's is the cheapest hotel on the Island, and not the worst..

Have a good trip.

As for Alonzo picking up, that was kinda my point Smok. He'll pick up at any dock close to El Pescador. How close is Martha's to El Pescador? wink

Swede, have a look at Ruby's Hotel too. Located on the beach and close to most dive shops. They offer rooms with private bath or shared bath.
A great location.
Enjoy your few days in San Pedro!

It would be interesting to know which hotel Smok thinks is the worst . . . wouldn't it?

hee hee

Yes, it would! Maybe Ruby's or not. It has been great for many, many folks for many years. Why would you find this humorous?

Sorry, Wendy. I didn't mean to imply that at all, at all. The timing of my post was bad, that's all. I just found how Smok had worded his post humorous to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 254 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.