Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#93063 10/26/04 05:43 PM
WEll, stuff happens i'll say. But I've flown Maya Island about a bazillion times, and they have given me overall tremendous service...

I was in the restaurant business for many years, and every meal wasn't perfect. but i appreciated folks giving me the opportunity to make things better when they didn't go right. and we always strive to do our best. i guarantee Maya Island is an excellent airline.

#93064 10/26/04 08:52 PM
S
S
Originally posted by Bobber:
It seems to me that the flights are filled by whoever makes it to the counter first, first come, first served. If walk-ins get there first, they get the seat. If your flight is filled, you get in line with everyone else. No problem, they make sure everyone gets there.
This is exactly what one should expect...and we have seen it happen many times....that's why we love Jets...all in good time...

#93065 10/29/04 05:42 AM
N
N
We just got back. We made reservations via Tropic 3 months in advance to/from International to San Pedro. Both reservations were honored. In fact, on the way back, our flight was booked to International, so Tropic sent another plane and picked up 3 add'l people.

#93066 11/21/04 06:31 AM
M2B Offline
IF we should ever return to AC we will definately NOT be flying Maya Air! What a nightmare! Because of them it took us THREE days to get back home to Little Rock! We were to arrive back here in the States last Monday (11/15)and FINALLY got home Wednesday! Maya was 25 minutes late (our flight was to leave at 2pm and we HAD reservations) when we arrived in Belize City the Continental counter had a sign up "Flight Closed" and 3 other people were ahead of us trying to get on the plane as well, all to no avail. Because of Maya being late, the 4 of us (in our party) had to stay over in Belize City (at an expense of nearly 300.00 US!, hotel rooms, food and taxi fares) The Contenintal agent booked us for the next day, BUT because of this we were on "standby" when we got to Houston. OF course once in Houston there were no seats available on the flight to Little Rock, we were told the next flight we could get that had available seats would be 2 days LATER! The wonderful girl at the boarding counter worked her hiney off finding us a flight to Dallas that night (Tuesday) which would put us a bit closer to home, but the only flight to LR was the next day. After spending 2 days in airports with little food and no sleep, we finally got home on Wednesday.

It was a horrible ending, that over shadowed our otherwise fantastic time in AC. The sad thing about it, while waiting for nearly an hour and a half at the Maya terminal(?) We watched several Tropic air flights come and go, and only ONE Maya plane left in all that time!

#93067 11/21/04 09:22 AM
A bad experience to be sure. Who made the res? A 25 minute delay should not have made you miss your flight unless you were cutting it real close to begin with.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#93068 11/21/04 09:29 AM
my thoughts exactly.

Something doesn't add up.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#93069 11/21/04 09:42 AM
C
C
L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology, said, "be able to experience anything". live by this and life will be an adventure. What a boring life if everything is on time and as expected. (just back from a week in Belize. ah life is great.

#93070 11/21/04 02:38 PM
I'm with you Aerial, there is no excuse for the BS you were given. Life may be full of inconveniences but that doesn't mean we should roll over and accommadate the inept or dishonest by keeping our feelings pent up. The right thing would have been for Maya to say, "sorry we won't have a plane for three hours for (whatever) reason. I could handle that (the truth) and make the best of it. But to be jerked around is unacceptable ..... in any country.

gforrest.imageculture.com
#93071 11/21/04 04:06 PM
Arial must not travel much... those workers were not LIEING to you!! THEY WERE JUST 'DELIVERING THE MESSAGES THEY HEARD OR NEWS THEY EXPECTED!!!" This happens daily in the US!!! haven't you ever been told the same thing on continental or american or delta? It happens all the time... in fact it happens for much longer than 3 hours! When planes have issues, mechanicals, etc.. would you rather fly on them anyways to get there faster or avoid a potential large problem and have the plane go down? Be thankful they cared enough about passangers to not fly you there until a plane that was safe got there!!! geez... you must not travel much.

#93072 11/21/04 04:37 PM
"arial must not travel much... those workers were not LIEING to you!! THEY WERE JUST 'DELIVERING THE MESSAGES THEY HEARD OR NEWS THEY EXPECTED!!!"

Naive: deficient in worldly wisdom or informed judgment.

gforrest.imageculture.com
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.