Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
well fishing fans october fishing was just super this week could not be any better ...

day one the team of capt jeff and chris from pellican property was on the fishingsanpedro.com boat it was mano,e mano me against chris ,we fished south about 15 to 20 min from sanpedro town inside of the reef ,action was fast, no wind ,great fishing condtions two days before full moon ,used live sardines the fish where on a feed ,snapper was the order of the day some throw backs but mostly keeper fish ,yes I got the first fish ,and the most fish and the biggest fish .but chris has a new rod not the floopy one he use to use no sir, he is real competation now .any way we fished for three hours and we where tired ,I had capt bicho 's son bicho jr he is part fish.go dive for some lobster to eat for that night ,bicho jr dove down and got some huge lobsters see pictures to follow ..we had a great dinner of stuffed lobsters and shrimp fried rice with all the trimmings at one of my favorite places to eat. stained glass pub ,yum yum ,a great day was had by all,a true living the dream day

. day two and three where mostly the same lots of snapper ,great weather also got a few groupper ,and yes chris did out fish me one day as he is fast becominng a competor ,now that he has a new stiff rod ??and not the floppy thing he used in the past another two great fishing days ..

day three steve and william from coconets internet cafe a wonderful place I might add to book tours or drink cold beer ,and e mail or call the home to the states . they where abord the fishingsanpedro.com fishing machine ... this trip again we had nice weather calm seas ,fishing action was fast and the snapper where leaping in the boat ,a peskey 3 foot cud'a was eating my fish so we put on the wire leader on with a live sardine ,in the water not a second and bang ,,fish on the cuda is on my pole about ten min.later in the boat ,nice fight ..day three was a outstanding day on the water we caught lots of snapper ,to feed some hungry mouths in belize ..

day four we had john from tatste of thailand restuarant ,chris ,and me we go to catch our bait the live sardines wich bicho' catches by net.. we get to the shallows just then splashing on top of the water. birds are diving in water all hell is braking lose ??? capt bicho is screeming get the rods out a large school jacks are eating into the school sardines... they are choping up the fish ,,we grab our rods and cast our baits out. and into the action ,then wham , wham ,all of us are are hooked up with jacks ,they are fighting and runnig off line, some big ones are snapping our 14 lb test line , it last only twenty min ,before they go out to sea . after the smoke clears and we regain our composure and settle down .!!!the score is .. six jacks boated, six jacks lost. one busted reel ,one spooled reel, and lots of smiles on our faces ...the rest of the day we where in and out of rain showers,still caught lots snappers and went home just as happy as a person can get ... yes a another day of living the dream big time .

day five was a treat got to take some new friends ,al and debbie from tampa fla..fishing caught a mess of mutton snaper .yellow tail snapper .and lots of small groupper all throw backs but the snapper where nice size ,fished three hours then capt bicho took them to shark and ray alley ,we had tons of fish around the boat if some people they say there no sharks there,any more they are wrong we had no less then seven to ten nurse sharks and loads of snapper and jacks all around us ,yes we where throwing in fish skins and fishbones from the filet we where cleanig ,they had a ball as we had lots of fish life giving us a show ..

the week went by so fast the weather was great it rained some but not for long all in all we caught lots of reef fish ,feed lots of hungry people and had lots of fun and good times we fished with fishingsanpedro.com the famous capt bicho my friend and buddy in my opinion the best gudide and capt on the island .and yes I push his name month after month love to recommend him he is a great person ..this man gives people they best days in sanpedro.and all who have used capt bicho he will agree he is a very good at what he does and produces good catches and lots of good times ..he helps me live large and make each day here count..this helps me live the dream for as long as I can , and enjoy life ... .

my food report I am happy to say all my favorite places where now open . and also happy to say ,,stained glass pub still rules, marie still does a great lunch plus makes fabolous , dinner's she cooked my fish ,stuffed my lobster ,made homemade desserts just a wonderful chef /owner great place you . must eat here ,,jade garden chinese still the best egg roll in the world and nice shrimp dishes ,shrimp with black bean sauce , fried rice , super duper meal can be had here .my buddy chris and his wife jennifer did over there place !!!!! looks beautiful there place is the famed casa picaso wow .weow ,wow. new bar ,,great food , ,great after dinner treats ..also be carefull of drinks he pours he makes a mean drink...this is a must place go fri or any night,.but make reservation the day you get down there this is a happening place will help make your trip into something special . ...

that is all for now ,be back right after thanksgiving nov 26 .will try to live the dream one more time with friends .sanpedro makes me feel warm and fuzzy and thats a good feeling it gets addicting try it..you will love it ..

October fishing and eating pictures

picture 1 huge lobster caught

picture 1a huge lobster stuffed

picture 1b

picture 1c
picture 1d
picture2

picture 3
picture 4
picture 5
picture 6
picture 7
picture 8
picture 9
picture 10
picture 11
picture 12

Living The Dream Every Day!
Nice fish, Captain! Do you get seasonal blitzes of fish? If so, what's running in January?

OP Offline
cape may fishing is good to very good year round.. moon ,weather and tide ,have a lot to do with catch . but always good action reef or trolling or flats what ever your thing is ???/I use fishingsanpedro.com and the famous capt bicho rivero nice guy ,good captain he produces wonderfull days for me ..go live the dream and enjoy...

S
S
What are the target fish in February? Particularly for flyfishing?

Susan

Thanks for the referral, Cap. Me and el wife are ready to book a trip for mid January - I'm off to check out the fishingsanpedrosite.

Bpat wise I'm up for anything .. this time of year I'm fishing for striped bass in 15 to 20 knot winds and three to six foot seas up near Atlantic City New Jersey, USA. A little different than Belize. Man, am I ready!

R
R
Cape May, I recognized your icon right away, Roccus Lineatus or as we call them here on the Chesapeake, Rockfish. I have that same print hanging right here on my wall. You might want to try Severo Guerrero at [email protected] Very experienced, Severo put me on to my first Bonefish. Severo takes you back into places were you won't see another person all day. I had such a good time fishing with Severo that when I got back, I went out got little skiff and put a Adirondack chair in it. I'm in the process of booking Severo for a trip this April. There should be some Bonefish and Tarpon around in January, sight fishing for Bonefish, you'll love it. You should be into some big Stripers about now, looks like this weekend is going to be the exact opposite of last weekend. Email me if you have any questions.
Mark

OP Offline
capemay no sixfoot seas for me .but love to chunk and chum for the bass . I fish in nj with the boat bounty hunter a nice capt just got a new boat it is out of point pleasent.. but I never like trooling for bass .like to still fish better and chum ..I love belize fishing .it is good ,some days better than others .but action is always the plan .I go once a month it is cheaper than a shrink good r and r .makes me happy !!!!!!!very nice people in sanpedro made some good fishing buddys and new friends ..come live the dream and enjoy ..

OP Offline
syzen feb can be a little windy??? but always bone fish around I like to catch them with spin tackel,my guide capt bicho fishingsanpedro.com took me to a special spot he knows two months ago .and I caught and released 17 bone fish in the morning fast action.but still a reef man at heart like that better ......but you will have fun here .but book a guide before you come ..all the good ones get booked early. tight lines to ya.. you also come live the dream and enjoy the fishing in sanpedro.. .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.