Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AlexK Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Me and my wife are coming to Ambergris Caye in November and would like to do some diving. We have completed all necessary training and lacking only open water certification, because it is too cold to do this right now here.

I was wondering who provides open water certification on AC, what the prices might be, how long does it takes?

As far as I understand, we just need to complete one or two dives with a PADI certified instructor to get the license. Any help or information on this matter would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

You need to complete four open water dives. You will do two dives one day and two the next. You will spend five minutes or so demenstrating your skills and then thirty minutes or so diving around the reef. Most dives shops offer open water certfication for some were around $225. Two of the best operators are Amigos Del Mar and Pro Tech. Amigos Del Mar is a rather large operator and Pro Tech is rather small. You can not go wrong with either of the two.

Protech has great rental equipment (they replace it every six months) and a wonderful wonderful staff. As a new diver myslf you are gonna LOVE diving in Belize. Have fun! mobunny cool

A
AlexK Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks guys.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.