Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Nah, if we gotta buy drinks, he's got to spring for the expensive taxis.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Americans can have a bad time anywhere on the face of the earth. I heard this 20 years ago in Mexico, "Americans have everything and are always unhappy, Mexicans have nothing and are always happy",like most sayings, not true all the time, but based on attitude.

D
D
Nope wouldn't know us from 'southern accent' ...
lifelong native Atlantan (except for hitch in Navy
/Viet Nam). And I just checked in the TOURISM
BOOSTER'S HANDBOOK ... I quote ... Chapter 4
Page 2 ... "AC Tourism Boosters SHALL at anytime
requested by said tourist, buy drinks and NOT SEEK
any reciprocal treats (such as expensive Taxi rides) from tourists. So we'll be in on Feb. 5th
where do you all (yall) want us to meet for these free drinks???

I love free drinks, can we come?? We arrive on 29 Jan and leave on 13 Feb. He dives, I don't, whoops maybe I shouldn't go, nothing to do if you don't dive. Oh well, I am going anyway. Poor me. Now about these expensive taxi rides, who provides those?? Does the TOURISM BOOSTER'S HANDBOOK say anything about that? I need to know.

Subtract the diving and I still had a great time. The next time I plan to do less diving and get over to the mainland. But Cracker Larry, where do you find lobster for the price of Burger King?

G
G
Wow! We just returned from AC on 11/27. Our experience was nothing but great!

ALL of the restaurants we visited stated prices in Belize dollars. We never paid more than $20 for dinner, and we ate very well!

We took a taxi from Blue Tang to The Belize Yacht Club, and it was $7 BZ. We confirmed the price BEFORE we left The Blue Tang - ALWAYS do that no matter what country you are in.

Belikins were $1.50-$2.00US no matter where we went. Rum punch was $2.50-$3.00US.

Not sure where you were, but it sure does not sound like anywhere we visited in AC. eek

A
A
Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy what Belize has to offer. We were there for the first time last year and going back for 3 weeks in 3/05. We dive, fish and drink Belikin to the point that the sand fleas don't ever bother us. Sounds to me like you were a victim. You did not do your homework. Yes-a victim of your own shortcomings. Please do not blame a beautiful country and the people that live there because you were not entertained properly.

R
R
Greg & Wednesday - How was your stay at The Blue Tang?

this lady is insaine. who the hell "ASSUMES" that everything is in belize dollars. also, after being confused the first time and so called riped off, why the f#*$k didn;t these people ask each time they purchased as most people do? This is some american who did not even research AC. It is not known for its beaches... and they should have checked it's activities prior to traveling! There are tones of mainland activities and tours kids enjoy!

further, I can not wait to live in Belize one day. I feel I am ripped off in the US constantly and people in the US seem to be more greedy and money hungry by far.

Pilgrim, is your house sold yet? I wish you the best in moving to Belize. How peaceful to live there. KE

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 281 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.