Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#94373 12/10/04 08:52 AM
H
OP Offline
H
We're staying at captain morgan's for a week in February and wonder if a golf cart would be a good way to get to the river and back ? Does the "road" go all the way up to cm's, and can golf carts cross the river on the ferry? Does anyone know if cm's has bikes for rent? oh, and is there a convenient store near the resort, and anywhere to do laundry? Thanks, leslie

#94374 12/10/04 09:18 AM
C
C
Not much up at Cpt Morgans... you can rent a golf cart (just north of Cpt Morgans)... small store nearby, Cpt Morgans is Building a convenience store, but not complete yet (Nov 04) The road (this is a joke) the TRAIL to the Ferry is NOT Great... but it is an adventure... yes you can take the Golf Cart on the Ferry, 2 at a time... 10.00 return trip... don't loose your ticket... pick up groceries in San Pedro... bakery close to the Ferry (on the right about 1 1/2 blocks south of the Ferry) is excellent. Billy at the Supermarket (Pink Supermarket at the Market Square) is most helpful.. takes American Express Travellers cheques with no issue.. lots of choice and quite reasonible $$... Have a good trip

Have a great day
#94375 12/10/04 09:22 AM
C
C
More... apparently, Cpt Morgans provides Water Taxi to San Pedro... so take the taxi to Willy's and walk straight up to the Market corner... 2 groceries... or... take the water taxi further south... maybe to Crazy Canucks (Bar) at Exotic Caye dock & have a drink with Rick (bartender) and Carol & Don (owners) & Paul & Heather (Caye Coffee owners) ... then meander North back thru town... Just pre-arrange the water taxi pick up (maybe back at Willy's dock... then it's a 10 min water taxi ride back to Cpt Morgans.
Have Fun... once south of the Cut... it's not that far to walk from North to South end of San Pedro... you can walk along the beach, you do Not have to wander the streets.

Have a great day
#94376 12/10/04 09:35 AM
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks Cozmo, our 2nd week we're staying at Xanadu...maybe we'll wait and rent a cart that week and use the water taxis and bikes the week we're at CM's. It's mostly our 2 teenagers that are intrigued by the golf cart idea. Can hardly wait! Friends of ours back-packed through Central America years ago and ended up on Caye Caulker for months...looks like things have picked up quite a bit on the islands in the past decade judging from what they told us and what I've read recently!

#94377 12/10/04 09:21 PM
Jan and I will be at CM's from Jan. 29th through Feb. 12th and you will love it. You should rent a cart for a day while you are there because the north road needs to be experienced. It will give you a chance to explore and find out where you want to spend more time later. You can ride with the CM boats for free when ever they are going to town, just ask at the office and they can tell you when they are going. Their dock in town is right by BC's so you can grab a drink going and comming. Hope we get to meet you while we are there.

#94378 12/11/04 01:40 PM
We've enjoyed the cart experience since it's an easy way to get around & explore the island. It was especially fun taking the cart north of the cut on those crazy roads. Almost lost our cart in the water trying to get onto the "hand-pulled" ferry across the cut. We had a six person cart and all of us but the driver had to get off so we could get up on the darn ferry. :)Gotta go with the golf cart for the teenagers. Let em go explore while you enjoy yourselves.

#94379 12/11/04 02:42 PM
We stayed at CM's in July. Rented a cart for the week from some place down from the Tropic terminal on the right side of the street - we brought cash, bargined with them and saved a few bucks. Went to town almost every night. About 20-25 minute trip. You'll want a gas cart. The more people in the cart the easier the ride. We usually had four adults in the cart which wasn't that bad. I did the trip by myself twice and it was kinda brutal. The first trip was me and three cases of Belikin and it took 30+ minutes from the cut to CM's since there wasn't as much weight in the cart. I always wondered why they used such thick glass on those bottles - my cases were bouncing all around the cart and not one bottle broke!

The hand ferry fee to get across the cut in a golf cart: before 8:00 PM it's $2.50 usd; after 8:00 it's $5 usd.

If CM's convenient store isn't open by the time you get there you'll probably want to go to town for those needs. There is a little store just north of CM's but choices there are limited.

I just talked to the CM people a few weeks back and they mentioned they had just ordered some washing machines and dryers - they may be able to help you with a date on when they are suppossed to get there.

I think two teenagers would have a good time in the cart up north.

#94380 12/11/04 04:45 PM
B
B
Is there one place better than the others to rent a golf cart?

#94381 12/11/04 04:55 PM
L
L
Just remember if your teenagers are driving in town or there abouts a drivers license is required and they do stop you more often than you might think

R.B. Mernitz
#94382 12/11/04 05:39 PM
I
I
Our child is intriqued by the golf cart idea. How much can one expect to pay to rent a cart for a couple days?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.