Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
We just booked our flight down there for 11/19-25/ 2005, now i'm trying to figure out where to stay while we are there. Blue Tang Inn /Ver/ Banana Beach. Both have suites @$99.00 Per night. Any opinions appreciated.
Thanks
Jim
www.reds-place.com

reds-place.com
Hey!!
We have stayed at Banyon Bay and we stayed at Blue Tang in January 04. We will be back at the Blue Tang on January 29 thru February 13th 05. We prefer the Blue Tang because it is so close to all the bars and restaurants that we enjoy so much. Banyon Bay is just too far for us, Banana Beach is very close to Banyon Bay(if you are wondering why I am talking about Banyon Bay and you probably are). From the Blue Tang we can walk almost everywhere we want to go. And we can manage to walk home from wherever we've been at night. The pool at the Blue Tang is small but very nice and rarely crowded. The folks at Blue Tang are wonderful, but most of the folks in San Pedro are great.
It really just depends on what you want. If you want to be where the action is, stay at the Blue Tang. If you want to be away from town, stay at Banana Beach. Banana Beach is about 2 miles from town.
No matter which one you choose, you will have a great time in San Pedro!!! It will steal your heart.

Banana Beach is larger and more full service with restaurant on site, more choice of room /suite type, etc. Both are nice. Like Windyw says above Blue Tang is closer to town, Banana Bch is in a quieter location. Depends what you are looking for. Both well run with helpful friendly staffs.

Blue Tang is next door to Paradise Villas. There are two grocery stores within a 5 min. walk and the center of town, with multiple restaurants, is about a 10 min. stroll [if that]. Wet Willies is right out the front door with a couple dive operators nearby. It really depends on how close to town or how quiet you want it to be. At PV, I didn't notice noise to be an issue other than early morning while listening to the Blue Tang staff clean up the pool area...lol. Lots of clanking bottle sounds...no problem!

Be careful of the cheap rooms at Banana Beach. The rooms are nice but the views can be pretty bad. I just stayed there three weeks ago and enjoyed my room and the beach but my room looked out on some condos being built. The construction workers were close enough to touch. I had to keep my drapes closed the entire week. Spend the extra money and avoid the new, cheaper section at Banana Beach, at least until the contruction is finished.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.