Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#95288 01/05/05 10:53 PM
OP Offline
Headed to AC on 1/21 and was thinking about doing an air tour over blue hole and surrounding cayes... has anyone done this?

We will have plenty of snorkeling on the reef and don't see a need for the all day trip to BH just for the snorkeling... we won't be diving.

Curious how the air tour is... hoping to get some great pics.

BTW, we are in the midst of a great snowstorm at the moment here in "sweet home Chicago"! Looking forward to sinking my toes in the sand! ; wink

C
C
Tropic Air does a tour starting from San Pedro covering Turniff Atoll, Light House Atoll(including a trip around the Blue Hole), St. Georges Caye, then up the reef back to San Pedro.
The acft is equiped with a recorded and timed commentary with music of what you are seeing.

S
S
I enjoyed a private charter with Tropic a few years back.

We started in SP (6 seater) and flew out over Turneffe Atoll, Lighthouse Reef and the Blue Hole. We then headed west over Dangriga and the Cockscomb Basin, Victoria Peak, Baldy Beacon, Mountain Pine Ridge, Xunantunich and the Cayo District. After Cayo we flew straight east over the Belize River Valley, got a bird's eye view of Hattiville Ramada (prison), over the lagoon and back to SP.

Six passengers about three hours totalled $US600.

Tropic also does a tour, as noted above, which is a bit less but not private.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
Thanks Cracked & SIN!

Sir Isaac, did you book with a party of 5 to fill the plane? I'm curious with 4 of us if they'll take us up or req'r us to have a larger party.

Hmmmmmm... very interested. Your tour sounds much more "up our alley". Do you recall how many years ago it was?

Also, did you book prior to arriving in SP, or spur of the moment?

Funny, it doesn't appear that too many people are doing this.

Many thanks! cool

I learned it's offered through cruise ships.

Not sure if all of them, but it's offered. The cost is much steeper than quoted on here.
Just a heads up wink

I contacted Tropic Air about it yesterday, and they told me that the tour is 1 hour long and costs $99/person + 9% tax, and they have to have at least 7 people to take the tour.

OP Offline
Looks like I might need to round up a few more folks for a tour... still thinking about a private charter too. Thanks.

You can charter a Cessna 172, three passenger, 476 Belize Dollars per hour. Call Tropic Air.

Reality..What a concept!
OP Offline
Thanks Papa, a 3 seater won't fit us... I contacted Tropic Air and they don't have the SP-6 seater anymore.

Like tradewinds & cracked shared we can do the 1 hour tour, but will need 2 more people to share the ride... they'll do the tour w/ 6 passengers.

We'd prefer the private charter in order to get over the mainland as well as blue hole & atolls, and I have a call in to Maya Island Air to get pricing... I'll post the results when I hear back from them. cool

Give Javiers Flying service a call, talk with Lydia or Daniel, 501-223-5360, Belize City, Municipal airport, they have reasonable prices, and an aircraft which will accomodate your needs. laugh

Reality..What a concept!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.