Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Hello! Glad to be a part of this board.

After doing a search, I have a question about beach facilities. I have read that the beaches are open to the public. If I stay at one hotel and would like to use the beach, say, at Mar De Tumbo, could I rent a lounge chair? What about an umbrella?

Also,I am planning to come in late May. It seems that cruise ships will be there almost every day that I will be in San Pedro. How does this affect excursions? Could I get a snorkel trip to Hol Chan, or would they all be taken up with cruise passengers?

Cruise passengers do not utilize the operators on AC. The ships port in Belize City and are shuttled to the reef from there.

Mar De Tumbo has nary a lounger or umbrella for rent...never seen one anywhere (rental) on AC. Beaches are open to all.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
M
OP Offline
M
I had read that some of the resorts on AC were arranging for cruise ship people to come over. I had also read on a board that on cruise ship days, San Pedro can be very crowded. So this is not true?

Also, if you can't rent beach chairs, can you buy one of those cheap, slotted aluminum loungers in a store on San Pedro?

K
K
Won't touch the cruise ship issue more than to say that they do drop off people in San Pedro for a couple of hours and yes, some restaurants and hotels offer a meal and send them to town to shop, but I wouldn't worry to much about it. Now the chair issue. just plop yourself in any old chair on the beach! Some places, like Banana Beach (not enough chairs) and Ramons (popular, because the pier is one of the better ones to swim from) get crowded in season, but in May there should be no problem anywhere. There is no such thing as a private beach in Belize, some hotels/resorts/private residents try to make it hard for you to walk along the beach in front of their properties though. What a shame!

thats great to hear kippe. so there wont be a problem just strolling the beaches and when I become tired or too intoxicated I can just plop down in a chair or hammock even if the chair or hammock is located in front of a hotel I am not staying at?

S
S
took a long walk south from Ramon's and plopped in many a chair with many a drink in hand...no one ever said a word to us...even if we didn't buy a drink

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.