Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Mediocre at best??? I have dove around the world...it may not be Palau but the formations, swim thrus, large sea life and comfortable temperatures of the water qualified it for me as way more than mediocre...My brother lives in Rexburg, trying to get him and my nephew to try diving, were you certified there or elsewhere?

C
Caddis Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Suzanne0918, I am glad to hear I am not in for a mediocre experience. Thanks for the pick me up. After not diving blue water for years, I am ready.

I did my training in Utah, Washington, and Hawaii. The only training available in Rexburg is through BYU-Idaho Continuing Eduation. They contract with Inland Scuba out of Idaho Falls. Tell your brother and nephew to take up scuba. There are several divers in the area they can hook up with for trips etc.

Don't worry about the "original" "Idaho(underline)Diver", he's got a wart on his butt from a diving trip he did in Belize years ago....a search for his posts will show a disturbing habit of slamming Belize diving in general.....without having done much of it.

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=007381;p=1#000011 is just one thread.

Lots of people on this board with good advice about diving Ambergris Caye and Belize in general...the "original" potato_diver is not one of them.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I see I haven't lost my touch of raising the hackles on many of you. I'll see if I can keep stirring the pot on this one.

Seriously, Idaho Rex, we did have a lousy time in the water, has anybody here mentioned to you you are getting into the windy season? Also keep in mind that AC is their favorite place to go, many pass on advice that don't even dive, so anybody who says a bad word is the bad guy.

S
S
I too have dove all over. If you equally weight the diving with the people/location/weather/food/value/ambience...and on and on, (you are only down for a few hours at best out of 24) this is very very hard to beat.
Happy Trails.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Originally posted by Chris:
Don't worry about the "original" "Idaho(underline)Diver", he's got a wart on his butt from a diving trip he did in Belize years ago....a search for his posts will show a disturbing habit of slamming Belize diving in general.....without having done much of it.

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=007381;p=1#000011 is just one thread.

Lots of people on this board with good advice about diving Ambergris Caye and Belize in general...the "original" potato_diver is not one of them.
I thought I would do a search myself, I found this as well...

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=002745#000000

C
Caddis Offline OP
OP Offline
C
OK, it looks like I opened a can of worms that have been stewing for awhile (woops). Thanks for all the comments, pro and con. My wife and I will be on Ambergris in April. I am sure we have a great time even if it is windy etc.

S
S
Ya know whats really cool, when you start the thread and weirdos like Idaho_ post goofy comments, you can delete your original post, thus cleaning the slate.
laugh
SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Amigos Del Mar is the most consistently recommended dive operator on the island,If you dove with them you would find out why.
As Klcman said do the search and you'll find out what I said is true.
Idaho you will have agreat time with most operators if you are a good diver.
Ohio diver myself, just relax and you'll have a blast!!!

Idaho_diver, the problem is, you come up EVERY TIME with your negative crap when there is a diving related post...but you fail to tell people that you did ONE trip to San Pedro years ago, you had rough weather, you did't dive more than 2 miles away from the town center, you have spoken about holding onto things when you take photos and you never mention that what you post is JUST YOUR OPINION. Somehow you fail to leave all of that out each time you opinionate on the diving of Belize, 99.9% of which you haven't done. "Economical with the Truth" doesn't even begin to describe your posting style.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.