Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
J
Hey krehfish, just finished reading Buffet's new book "A Salty Piece of Land" I enjoyed it very much. Just close the eyes and he brings you there!! I thought he kind of played up San Pedro as being more exciting for spring break than it actually is. By the way,the salty piece of land is in the Bahamas where the lighthouse was.

I like the song, it can be anywhere you want it to be.

Everybody Falls In Love

S
S
I watched Floriday Straights the other day and it got me prepped for my AC trip next week. Probably released in the '80's its an adventure tale about 2 guys treasure hunting in Cuba. It has a great ending not to be missed.

I
I
Don't forget Madonna, La Isla Bonita, thought of that tune around lunchtime sitting at Cocina Caramba watching all the people..

M
M
Here's a great link to get you in the mood.
http://www.radiomargaritaville.com/listen.aspx

Two movies with extensive footage of Belize are The Dogs of War (1981) and Mosquito Coast (1986). In The Dogs of War, starring Christopher Walken and Tom Berenger, Belize City stands in for a fictitious African country in the throes of political change. (Timely theme, eh?)

The Dogs of War has really the best shots of Belize of any movie, though they're mostly in Belize City and elsewhere on the mainland, and most of the shots won't make you want to come to Belize.

The Mosquito Coast is from the Paul Theroux novel about a would-be escape from modern society. Its star, Harrison Ford, got to know Belize well during the filming. A brooding TV version of of Joseph Conrad's novella, The Heart of Darkness, was shot in Belize in 1994. It starred John Malkovich.

After the Storm, based on a Hemingway short story, was shot in San Pedro, Placencia and Belize City in 2000. A "reality-based" TV show, Temptations, was shot on Ambergris Caye in the fall of 2000. The show's production crew were caught by Hurricane Keith but escaped without injury. There was an episode of MTM's Wildboyz (something like that, I didn't watch it), shot in Belize, too.

Emory King, Belize's official commissioner of film, appears in several of the movies.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.