Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#96338 01/24/05 09:01 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hello happy happy island people. I am wondering if anyone can give my wife and I some tips on taking the water taxi (or ferry) from Belize City, over to Ambergris. We really don't do well with the puddle jumpers (small planes). So, we decided to take the boat over.

Are there any pointers for catching the boat from the airport area? Are there hourly trips to AC, or a set schedule? Also, how much is the boat ride over?

Thanks in advance for any help. We can't wait to celebrate our first anniversary in beautiful Ambergris Caye. I am especially looking forward to the Chicken Drop, and trying the Belikin.

Cheers,
Mike

No boat from airport area. You will need to catch a taxi to Belize City, find a water-taxi, and hope they have room for you and your luggage. There is no reservations system and boats don't always run as scheduled.
Take a vaium and take a plane - it's the most beautiful ride, it's a super-safe airplane, and the flight takes only 15 minutes.

M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the reply Diane. I guess your right. I will make sure to take something, and have a couple of beers before the ride.

Cheers!
Mike

M
M
Dear M-n-M, I'm with you I don't like flying in the little planes (big ones either for that matter) but the flight to AC from the airport is absolutly beautiful and well worth the scare. I wish I was there right now!

M
OP Offline
M
I think the thing that really made us change our mind, is the fact that the flight takes 15min, where the boat takes up to an hour and a half (according to our hotel manager, the kind Roberto at Hotel Del Rio).

I appreciate your post. Especially the fact that you are also nervous about flying (large or small planes), like myself. I will just have a couple of beers, and enjoy the view.

Cheers!
M-n-M

B
B
Mike: Don't sweat the plane ride. I absolutely HATE to fly and thought about taking the boat, too. Until I heard about some trips where the skies opened up and everyone and everything (including the luggage) got totally soaked. I wouldn't go so far as to say the Maya Air flight over was fun, but the view was tremendous and I could at least SEE the pilot and was sure he was lucid and not under the influence. Which is more than I can say for the Continental flight we came into Goldson on... If I'm gonna trust my life to someone up front, it's good to at least be able to make eye contact with him. Take the puddlejumper and enjoy the extra time on AC.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 298 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.