Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I'VE WONDERED ABOUT THE NEW CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS AND WOULD LIKE TO USE BUT WONDER ABOUT HOW ACCEPTABLE-ANY INPUT? WE GOTTA GO TO THE BANK THIS WEKEND OR NEXT smile DUANE

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
B
B
Duane,

We have used them in Jamaica and Mexico (less traveled Yucatan side) and never had an issue.

Anywhere VISA is accepted or the VISA logo is accepted is where you can use the card.

It's just a travelers check in a plastic card.

National City, AAA, and a few others offer the VISA. AMEX has it's own program.
Personal opinion only: National City seems like the best for the money.

L
L
My preference is cash - to avoid the surcharges, except for more expensive things, like when you check out of your hotel, or the flight from Belize City over to the island. It is helpful to bring lots of small bills (1s, 5s and 10s) for tips, etc.

We always take mostly cash,most of the better places have safety boxs in the room or at the office.last year we would go to a money exchange,the best one was on middle street and change 100us for 205belize,never stood in line.
We bought a braclet for our daughter and the guy said he would knock off 20us if we used cash instead of credit card,so you can make out pretty good if you bring lots of cash

Should the cash be Belize cash, US cash or Canadian?

Cash should be in either us currency or belize currency. US currency can easily be changed to belize currency from what I have read.

US cash is the best, most accepted exchange and will get you the most for your money, as well as being the best tender for those who accept it. Win-win deal, overall.

We also use credit cards--and have never seen more than a 2% charge added only occasionally (and we have merchant accounts in the US--that's an acceptable number). As well, the exchange rate is generally slightly better than the two for one rate in cash.

The difference is in the real life value of US dollars to the vendor. It's still the best way to go, if you're concerned about what really turn out to be very small variables.

I do like JRDenver's plastic buckle money belt plan. It keeps things rather discreet and lets you maintain an excellent level of safety. I'm going to find a couple of those for us.

* I Go Pogo *
For someone travelling comfortably but not expensively how much cash would you recommend planning for per day on AC?

How much on the mainland?

(we are not planning on going on tours every day - maybe two to three a week)

Given that we are from the UK and don't understand the American gallon thing, how much approx would it cost to fill up an average size hired 4x4?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I am so excited I am about to burst.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

S
S
Krehfish, It has been a few years since I was at Jambel's. Your 2% is apparently more recent and more accurate. Sorry for spreading old news. 2% is no biggie and the prices are so reasonable to begin with.

Don't forget that most of the creditors charge 3% for using their cards outside the US. You should call and check. Discover said they do a straight currency exchange though. Do any of the vendors, etc. accept the Discover card??

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.