Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#96454 01/25/05 03:10 PM
D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Based on our location, I have a couple of questions: We want to have one special, dress-up night for dinner that we can walk to. Suggestions? If we decide to get a golf cart and can go wherever we want for our dress up night, where would you suggest? Which golf cart rental is the closest and best price? Is there a store nearby the Palms for essentials like ice, beer, rum, coke, etc. or would it be better to use the service many have talked about and have these items already in our room. Last questions, how much in US$ should we leave in our room for the cleaning staff daily?

We stayed at the Palms last May and liked it so much, we're headed back there next week. Moncho's cart rental is right next to the airstrip, and a short walk from the Palms. We had our 10th anniversary dinner at Victoria House, and it was excellent. When you call to make reservations, they'll ask where you're staying and will send a cart to pick you up, and then drop you off after. The Palms will stock your fridge with beer on request, and the biggest supermarket on the island is right down the road, within walking distance.

D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Great!!! Thanks for replying.

Hi Debbo! Like tradewinds I spent my anniversary dinner at Victoria House and had great lobster. You can also walk the beach to the Bluewater grill or take a cab or golf cart to Casa Picasso for lobster crepes.As for a daily tip I leave $1 US or $2 Belizean.Tradewinds did the rest. Happy Anniversary!

I'd double that room tip if it were me.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Yeah, we left $5 Belize a day. No shortage of tp or towels, and little extra favors granted. hey, that's the cost of a beer for us, a lot more for them.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
and even garnered an offer of a little ironing (my honey just HAD to touch up that foo-foo toppie thing she thought was a little wrinkled :rolleyes: )

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
D
Debbo Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I think $2 US sounds a little more like it as well. Thanks for all the tips on restaurants. I know everyone has their own tastes, but it gets a little confusing doing a search. Two weeks from tomorrow and we'll be there..can't wait.

M
M
While we are on the subject of tipping.
What if there is a service charge included in you room rate? Do you adjust the tip accordingly?

Mark H

Do what makes sense and with what you are comfortable with. If you get really good service, tip well. If you don't, tip a little.

Remember, these housekeepers make very little money and they appreciate every tip they get.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.