Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
OP Offline
T
I've heard from a member of the staff that Banyan Bay may discontinue their water sports program in '07. The program advertised on their website at: Banyan Bay Water Sports web page is considerably more than we experienced in '06, but at least with with some prodding a Hobie Cat and some Kayaks were made available to us. This feature is very important to us and one of the many reasons we love Banyan Bay. We would be dissappointed if this feature were discontinued. If you feel the same way please send an email to: banyanbay@btl.net and let them know.

They also may be guilty of false advertising if they don't remove the many pictures of the Hobie Cats and Windsurfer prominently featured in their printed materials and on their website.

Hope they change their mind.

S
S
A new watersports building is being built (etc July 06) and all the equipment has gone through a recent revitalization including the glass row boats (best idea since sliced bread).

A sailing instructor is also currently under employ.

Heard and may are weak words and shouldn't be included with guilty.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
T
OP Offline
T
I have spoken to staff just recently. And I was told the building next to the volley ball area (under construction) is not for water sports but for a Time Share sales office. And at this time the only vessel being offered in the sports program is kayaks!!

Some one earlier did say it was for the water sports program but that was not confirmed by anyone else.

I don't want to implicate the person I have spoken to on the staff, but they are in a position to know what they are speaking of.

I was just there weeks ago and the sailing equipment was in a state of total dis-repair. It took quite a bit of persistence to even get any equipment on the water.

T
OP Offline
T
Actually they already are guilty. What was advertised and what we were provided were quite different (as far as the Water Sports Program). At our recent stay we were told that no water sports equipment was available for guests to use or rent. We then asked if we could receive a discounted rate because we had booked our stay believing the advertised equipment was available. At that point they cleaned up 2 Hobie Cats and some Kayaks and made them avaible to guests. We were very happy with the Banyan Bay resort, it's staff and service. But, I feel that guests should know what to expect in advance.

If some guests write in to inform the management of their appreciation of the program. Banyan Bay may consider keeping the water sports program in the future.

JZB Offline
It may not be what you want to hear, but you could always stay somewhere else and use Sailsports Belize in town. Chris is an instructor and a nice guy who would hook you up with whatever equipment you fancied that day.

S
S
I guess I'm wrong, I only work there, or should I post pics to convince you or send the email of the instructor.

Banyan Bay is one of the few resorts that offer such equipment to the public.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
I holiday at Banyan Bay every Febuary and this last time down they had just started building the timeshare office and it was sad to see no watersports offered. My husband and son like to take out a kayak but there were none available this past holiday. I will be coming down in October and hoping they will have something to offer then

S
S
If my TP was low 56 times I would have worked out a backup plan...

"I don't want to implicate the person I have spoken to on the staff, but they are in a position to know what they are speaking of."

There may be truth in what you say but until the "owner" tells you so don't put too much faith in it.

The glass bottom boat's are a bit slower going to & from shore, but a great trip because you can watch the sea life along the way. Victor is one of the best snorkel guides that I've met on San Pedro. People are under the impression that the boat is for not getting in the water. Wrong !

when in doubt...do without
Anyone in town area rent glass bottom row boats? If so any idea on price? That sounds like fun.

Can you see the fis very easily when traveling in one?

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.