Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Well fishing fans, here's the January report. Calm,wind 5 miles to 10 milesa hour , fair sky, no rain. Ocean flat with small wavlets. Full moon, very low full moon tide in AM. I always pick the full moon to go, do not know why it just works out that way.
Day one we go, it is Craig, my nephew and me. We troll with my buddy Capt. Bicho Rivero from fishingsanpedro.com. We use the bigger boat, twin engine boat, sun cover, nice digs. We troll outside a mile off the reef, sea dead calm. We put live sardines out and bang two jacks, big ones. We lose one and land a good size jack. We circle in a patten to keep up with the fast moving school. We hook and land a few more, then we're done. They move fast and we lose them, twenty fast-paced minutes of nonstop craziness. Fun fun fun. Capt. Bicho put us on this school. He remembered the school from yesterday and hoped they would again come back to eat sardines, and he was so right. When you are good you're good. We troll the reef near Cayecauker, the other side of the new boundery line, the other side of the no fish area. This is a spot Bicho gets us some very big cudas. We put on live big sardines and hook into two cuda, one big, one very small. The big one and the little one are jumping up and leaping high, giving us a show. We land both. The little one goes back and we keep the big one to feed some hungry mouths in San Pedro. We hook into 8 more, lose 3, and we are rigged for bear, wire leader, two hooks, but they are good fighters. We lose as much as we land in the shallows, they run off line and snap hooks. Lots of twenty-LB test get snapped off in the sharp coral reef. So pop they're gone. We tire of catching jacks and cuda, if you can believe that. We snapper fish close to home at Capt. Bicho's secert hole and catch a twenty quick mutton and mangrove snapper. Time is of the essence as we have to filet our catch. Rush to home, jump in the golf cart for the Sunday bbq at BCs bar on the beach, a must for the Capt. to show his face. We get there and no sooner do we see Coco Lady Marla from the board, and her fun husband Glen. A great fun couple and also Capt. Bicho fans. She also got big mother cuda and some snapper with Capt. Bicho, rumor has it, bigger than my fish. She is hooked with San Pedro. A nice first fun day, total count, 7 cuda caught, 6 jacks caught, twenty snapper caught, all in three hours of action packed fun. A quick Sunday jaunt. Capt. Bicho makes the fishing easy and different.and Offers expert instructions, and you get a crew of two for reef fishing, not the usual crew of one. I really love to use this guy as there is always something good happening.

Day two and three are about the same, clear skies, calm seas. Still a fast moving moon tide. the results ..same fast paced fishing but no big jacks but lots more snapper. Guests are President Bill Thorton, plus a few local boys we take with us, as rod and reel fishing is a treat to all. Try taking a kid fishing, it is good for your heart. The local kids love it and their family can use the fish, and you make a new friend. Day four it is over, I get my food poisoning and my fishing days are over. No restaurant report needless to say. Be back February 24th to do it all over again. If you want action packed fishing go to the famous Capt. Bicho's website, fishingsanpedro.com. Check him out, Capt. Bicho is a great guide and good friend. Let him make your day. here is to living the dream and enjoying life..

Pictures
Captain Bicho, Bicho Jr, and nephew Craig. Yours truly Captain Stud Muffin is taking the picture.
[Linked Image]

Nephew Craig and Bicho Jr in background drinking something from a funny bottle. Can you guess? Notice the beautiful water and how low the tide is.
[Linked Image]

Living The Dream Every Day!
My cuda's bigger! Ha Ha Ha
Hope your feeling better Capt. Jeff!
Coco

Coco
OP Offline
is bigger better?? lets see your fish...ha.ha right back...

nice fishing report cpt jeff. I cant wait till april as I have cpt bicho booked for some reef fishing.

OP Offline
jfabes your in for a treat ,tell him to hook you up with some cuda,then get snapper he will filet them and then have a place cook them for you .. go live the dream and enjoy fishing in paradise..

if you will be there in april during the dates of 13th - 23rd feel free to join me cpt jeff. I hope to hook and land quite a few fish, but I will not be eating them. I dont like the taste of fish so I will more than likely just give the fish to cpt bicho or maybe some locals that could use the fish.

Capt. Jeff~
Sent pics to your e-mail address, look you'll see mine was bigger! ha ha ha
Was really great meeting you, you seem to be a fun loving super guy, just wish you would've felt better. But another day another time we'll hook up together again!
Coco

Coco
OP Offline
yes yours was bigger ,you guys are fun . here's to living the dream together.keep in touch..

J
J
Greetings from NuclearJim.

Long time, no post. Hello to all old timers, and to those perursing this prior to your first visits.

Capt Jeff steered me to Bicho last January ('04). We fished one full day and another half. Triggers, Snapper, 'Cuda, you name it, we caught it. The lobster and fish lunches were incredible. The rest of the eleven days were jsut as perfect. We had a group of 10, and everyone fell in love with San Pedro and the Belizian people. When we left about twenty locals came to the airport to see us off. I'll post more on the trip soon. My report is late becasue of a seemingly never-ending series of personal setbacks that finally appear to have abated. Those are things I won't be posting about!

I can truly say that we will return, although it may be a few years in the future.

Capt Jeff, I need to ask a small favor, if you'll be knid enough to post your phone number, or a bc email address.

OP Offline
[email protected] glad all is well .keep living the dream ..

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.