Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#97038 02/07/05 10:23 AM
D
OP Offline
D
I will be in San Pedro 3/6 - 3/13 and would like to fish for Tarpon. I am a novice so any recommendations or advice would be a great help.

Thank you,

Dave

#97039 02/07/05 12:26 PM
K
K
Are you a novice fisherman or just new to tarpon. Either way you need a guide. First order of business with the guide is to tell him you're a novice and want to learn. Too often we expect guides to be mind-readers, the client winds up disappointed but the guide doesn't know why. Understand that by targetting tarpon you're risking a fishless day. It can be especially frustrating for newbies b/c your boat is staked-up,your eyes aren't used to seeing fish, you're standing there for hours and you begin to doubt the fish exist or wonder whether the guide knows what he's doing. If you'd like to catch a tarpon,but really need to just catch something, tell the guide. You can then spend half the day w/tarpon but if things don't go as planned there will be time to get you into something. Lots of guide's names have been given on the board and everyone has their fave. I think it's rare to find an island guide who doesn't know what they're doing. In fact I don't recall any negative comments on this board(about guides anyway) GOOD LUCK

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
#97040 02/07/05 01:03 PM
very,very well put mr.krehfish right to the point..dave do a search or go to home page and click fishing .I use fishingsanpedro.com and the famous capt bicho rivero but there are a lot of good guides in sanpedro .but as krehfish said above do not let not catching one spoil your trip . tight lines to you and good fishing.

Living The Dream Every Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.