Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#97086 - 02/10/05 07:21 AM Re: One week is not enough!!!!  
Ernie B Offline
Ernie B  Offline
I'm not SASSIK, but, yes, she is Susan's Mom.

Gun Control is Hitting Your Target.
#97087 - 02/10/05 12:44 PM Re: One week is not enough!!!!  
Sidnie Offline

Sidnie  Offline
Immissing,
Thanks so much for the info. I'll check out BC's. We arrive in belize Feb. 28 so I guess we'll have to hit the bbq the first sun. in march. I'd love to meet other expats. We're from alaska. I hear there are others of us there but can't find any. Maybe I can troll for any other non tan people at BC.'s. LOL
sidnie

#97088 - 02/10/05 01:49 PM Re: One week is not enough!!!!  
RMT Offline
RMT  Offline
Hey Sidnie,

I see where you are looking for Alaskans.... There is a couple from Alaska who owns two of the condo's at the Mayan Princess and are always there during the winter months for an extended stay. It's the large pink structure right on the beach in town and they (the couple) have a boat docked in front. Everytime we have been there so have they. Ask for them at the desk. Everyone is so nice and helpful, they will tell ya'. Have fun!

#97089 - 02/10/05 04:32 PM Re: One week is not enough!!!!  
SASSIK Offline
SASSIK  Offline
Yes Fluffy, as in Susan and Roger. Thanks for asking. Obviously you have met my lovely daughter.

Sidnie let's meet at Crazy Canuck's Friday night. Ask anyone - they will know where it is. It's right on the beach and run by friends. Love to meet fellow expats.

Sandi
#97090 - 02/11/05 02:12 AM Re: One week is not enough!!!!  
Sidnie Offline

Sidnie  Offline
Sassik,
I'd love to meet at crazy canucks. My parents are canadian and I asume so are the people who run this place. I did email you privately with some other questions. Hope that's okay.
sidnie

#97091 - 02/14/05 09:41 PM Re: One week is not enough!!!!  
Liz Alaska Offline

Liz Alaska  Offline
Sidnie - I see you are from Alaska. I live in Anchorage. I went to AC for the first time in December. You will love it!!! Definitely check out Crazy Canuck's especially on Monday night.

I'm already planning a return trip. 1 week didn't feel like enough time. Have a cold one for me.

Liz
#97092 - 02/16/05 05:05 PM Re: One week is not enough!!!!  
egcntrk Offline

egcntrk  Offline
Mark, one week is NOT enough but you can fit in most of what you want to do. Do take off the watch. I can tell you how to avoid the tour guide problem CrackerLarry mentioned...just look up Tulu for your snorkeling trips. He'll come right to the door to pick you up! Get onto island time while waiting for the hopper flight by having a rum punch at Jet's. Have a great trip.

#97093 - 02/16/05 05:42 PM Re: One week is not enough!!!!  
Skyliner Offline
Skyliner  Offline
Mark, I'd recommend taking a water taxi to Caye Caulker rather than booking a day trip that stops there. The taxi gives you more opportunity to interact with Belizeans, rather than just other tourists. There are plenty of outfits on Caulker that can take you on a snorkel trip in the morning - hopefully the Xanadu folks could help you book that. You'll have the afternoon to find a place for lunch, wander the village and hang out. Caulker is far slower than San Pedro - a day on Caulker will totally get your internal stopwatch reset to vacation mode.

Another snorkel guide to consider in San Pedro is Alphonse Graniel - do a search of this board to find a lot of comments on his tours.

We'll be on AC 4/2-4/9 and we try to stretch the week as much as we can - redeye into Belize in the morning, on AC by noon and when we leave, we make it as late in the afternoon as possible. And, every trip, we wish that we had more time. The good thing is that there's always next trip to look forward to. That longing for San Pedro begins about 5 minutes after the plane leaves Goldson....

Enjoy.

#97094 - 02/16/05 05:55 PM Re: One week is not enough!!!!  
hawkgirl Offline

hawkgirl  Offline
Just tell Tulu what you want to do and he'll accomodate. He's great. His name in the SP phone book is Allan Villanueva.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
November
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Marty, 3 invisible), 246 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics65,665
Posts466,553
Members18,960
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.