I just received this email from someone named Acelita regarding Mata Chica.
Many thank for your e-mail in regards to your vacation at Mata Chica. John you don't need to make arrangements to vacation else where. By next Month Mata Chica should be up running normal, but if you are not comfortable in going to Mata Chica I can recommend for you to look up for information of Jaguar Reef Lodge with is also on the beach on the Southern part of Belize their toll free # is 1-800-289-5756 or you can e-mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also checkout The Inn at Roberts Grove their toll free # is 1-800-565-9757 and e-mail address is email@example.com, they can give more information of their sights.
John, Do you know if the E-Mail was from someone from Mata Chica? We are scheduled to go November 2 and have heard nothing yet from anyone (via E-mail) there and still cannot get through by phone. The only people we have ever spoken with there were Gricel and Bronwen. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated. We are stil planning on going but it would be comforting to hear it from someone there directly that it is okay to come.
This was the email address <firstname.lastname@example.org> that they sent the message from. They were responding to a message that I sent to the address on the web site. They must have access to the email account for Mata Chica. What is your email address? I sent them another message with questions and will gladly pass them on to you.
John, We would love to get any information from you, thanks so much!!!! My E-Mail is EvaHope@aol.com. Will be home monitoring the board for any additional information too tonight. When are you scheduled to go, and are you still?
I was scheduled to go to Mata Chica on October 29 - November 7 for my honeymoon, but haven't heard anything from the hotel. We sent them an email a week ago saying we didn't know what was going on but if we didn't hear from them shortly then we would want to cancel or postpone our trip. So basically by default we have postponed our trip and are planning to come in a year. I know so much is going on right now but it would be nice to hear from someone at the resort. I know of another couple who is scheduled to go there and their travel agent hasn't been able to get in touch with the resort either.
My fiance just read in the local paper that Mata Chica was the hardest hit. I don't know.