Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#97599 02/15/05 02:22 PM
D
OP Offline
D
A group of six of us (Scuba Divers) went down to
AC the 2nd week of Februrary.

The Island and San Pedro are great. All that we expected and more. The Belizean peole are friendly and very helpful. Easy to work with and we were very happy with AC and it's people.

We did our Diving with Aqua Divers and were also very happy with their service and staff.

We stayed at AQUA MARINA SUITES, they almost single-handedly ruined out trip. NOTHING at AQUA MARINA SUITES was "as promised". We were guaranteed three Jr. Suites together over-looking the ocean. We got three "1957 style Holiday Inn"
rooms over-looking a CEMETARY!! We were also told
that one couple of our group would have to change rooms (to a WORSE one if you can believe it) mid-week. The management there has an attitude of "you're here now whatya gonna do?"

THIS is what we're gonna do. Complain in every possible forum about AQUA MARINA SUITES and it's top management. While EVERY other facet of our trip to Belize and AC went well and was very enjoyable, the AQUA MARINA SUITES was a disappointment of the highest order.

We recommend to anyone staying on AC to NOT use Aqua Marina Suites, it'll ruin your day and possibly your trip.

We (our group of six) are NOT Hilton/Marriott types. And we're well traveled. The past few years we've been on Scuba trips to Bahamas, St. Kitts-Nevis, Barbados, St. Lucia, Costa Rica (3 times), the British Virgin Islands, and Bonaire.

So we're experienced with things "not exactly going as planned". This is NOT the case here. This is a case of very bad management in control
of what SHOULD have been the accomodations we PAID for. We made these reservations four months in advance. It's not like they didn't know we were coming.

I'm NOT the type to normally waste good ink complaining about things like this, but this web site/chat room was extremely helpful to me in planning this trip. And I know it is well read and that people heed it's advice. So with that in mind, I hope I can save someone from making a mistake by staying at AQUA MARINA SUITES.

Thanks for all your help guys. As I said the other parts of the trip were great!

#97600 02/15/05 03:09 PM
Good information for all IMHO.

Dare To Deviate
#97601 02/15/05 03:25 PM
J
J
Diver Dave, thanks for the post...sorry for your experience, information noted for my upcoming trip in april john in denver

#97602 02/15/05 04:23 PM
Diver Dave this is not the first complaint I have heard about that lousy establishment. I was warned by a member of this board to steer very clear of that place and am I am glad that he is not the only one to share that opinion on aqua marine suites.

#97603 02/15/05 04:49 PM
D
D
We were very disappointed in the Hotel. We did not get the rooms we were promised, We had asked a number of time if our rooms had private balconies with a view of the ocean, they did not. The hotel management was terrible and even though refrigerators were available in the room we could not have food in the courtyard, around the pool or on the beach. They clam to be a diver resort but we were told not have any gear around the pool or drying by your room in a nasty letter from management. Apparently there was a room to dry dive gear but we were never told were it was or that we should use it.

We were told before our trip that we could bring the fish we caught to a restaurant and they would cook it for a small fee. We tried the Hotel restaurant and were charged as much to bring our own fish in as if we had ordered off the menu.

The day trip to the mainland we scheduled through the hotel was nothing like what was represented to us. We were taken over on a boat with 60 other people. The boat had a sign stating maximum capacity was 16. The jungle tour was the short walk to the cave where the tubing began. It was not worth $150.00 per person. The trip back was on even a smaller boat with no covering at all and it rained also with 60 people, again not what was represented to us.

The people at both the dive shop and the hotel bar and restaurant where great but I would not recommend Aqua Marine Suites to any one and I probably will not return to Belize because of the bad treatment we got at the hotel.

The diving was really good 7 out of 10 dives and we saw more Shark than on any other trip. The people were great but the hotel ruined it all for us to.

#97604 02/15/05 06:01 PM
L
L
Huge bummer. I will be visiting in 23 days and I can only hope this is not the case for us. We will be staying at Belizean Shores and this will be our first visit of many we hope.

#97605 02/15/05 06:35 PM
Hey Lakelinden: Where in Michigan is that? I live in Linden, MI just south of Flint.

I am sure you will love Belizean Shores. I haven't personally stayed there but have swam in their pool a number of times. Which is absolutely awesome.

Enjoy your trip. I don't get back down there till May. Too many more sleeps to count, unfortunately!

#97606 02/15/05 09:01 PM
To all those complaining about the AquaMarina. You should complain. That was shoddy treatment, no doubt about it. There are plenty of other places to stay that will definitely treat you much better. Do not measure AC by those low standards. I did notice last year what is apparently the building you were put in, behind the cemetary. Nice cemetary as such things go, but not something you want to look over to see the ocean.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#97607 02/15/05 09:54 PM
J
J
Ugh! Just read these posts about AquMarina Suites and I feel a bit ill...we are headed to AC (our first visit) Feb.19-26 and you guessed it, we're booked at this place. It was set up for us through Interval International,and we have always had great luck with their bookings. Has anyone out there had a good experience with this hotel? The tents on the beach are beginning to sound pretty good right now:(

#97608 02/16/05 06:48 AM
J
Joe Offline
J
The question that begs to be asked is why hasn't anyone posted to alert anyone from staying at this place. Shame on anyone for knowing about this establishment and not alerting us. Isn't that what this board is for. Too much cheerleading and too little reality. I am glad though that any future visitors are now aware to stay away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.