Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
OP Offline
B
Hey all! My family is going down over this next Christmas to A.C. I've stayed at Belizean Reef before. I love the fact that it's well-run, well-kept, secure and right at town.

I'm trying to decide between staying there or at Coral Bay Villas. Their website says south of town, a 15 minute walk, but I just can't picture passing it, though I've walked that way numerous times.

Anyone prefer one over the other and willing to talk about it?

Between Coconuts & Zanadu -

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
It's the other side of the Barge from Coconuts. Next to Caribbean Villas. It is also well run, well kept, secure, etc. We stayed there and totally loved it. Hoping to stay there again next time down. Any other questions on Coral Bay Villa's just ask.
Coco

Coco
D
D
Does anyone have pictures of Coral Bay Villas? A travel report with pictures of the place? There are not many on the website, and I have it booked for 12 days in May, would like to get a better idea of the environs.

We stayed at Coral Bay Villas last May and really liked it. The rooms are nice, big and well furnished with AC. Rafael, the manager, was very gracious and accommodating. It is a smaller place but well maintained.

The only drawback we found was that it didn't have a pool to cool off with after laying in the sun. had to dip in the bay which wasn't real nice in front. Sea grass and real shallow. You can go next door to the end of the dock and swim. Also they unload the barge just down the beach from there at early evening.
I would show you our room and the place if I knew how to attach the photos

taters & dab if you want to show the pictures you can email them to me and I will host them and then post them for all to see. email is in my profile

D
D
I read from another post that while Coral Bay Villas does not have a pool, there is an outdoor shower available to serve the cool off function after laying out.

Hon Offline
We stayed at Coral Bay Villas in January '05. We loved it there!

The facilities are _exactly_ as described in their promotional materials so the only surprises were pleasant ones...like the fact that Raphael would bring a case of Belikin to our condo and put in in our fridge for 48BZD.

There is no pool, there are no showers outside and it's not possible to swim at the beach (just like most of AC) but it is great to swim of of the pier at Caribbean Villas next door and if you lie in the sun all you have to do is walk inside your condo for a shower...no problem, mon cool

I've never stayed at Belizean Reef. For the forseeable future, as long as Coral Bay Villas is available for our vacation dates, we will stay there.

I sent some pics to jfabes to post. Hope they help you make your decision.

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
here are two pictures Hon took of her room at Coral Bay. Obviously one is taken from outside looking in towards the room and the other is taken in the room looking out towards paradise

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hon,

The last time I checked (Nov '04) there was still an outside shower at the east side of the office amid all the flowers just as you come down the steps.

I would be too partial to Coral Bay to comment much more. We've stayed there almost 20 times in the last 7 years. Sometimes just us, but usually we bring 5 other couples with us and fill the place. Same builder/developer and onsite management as Belizean Shores and two other projects to come.

(Looks like Unit #2 above to me. Two and a half years ago those palms were only about 3' tall after the last "little wind storm".)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.