Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#98004 02/22/05 11:28 PM
jjax97 Offline OP
OP Offline
Can you get Corona Beer in Ambergris Caye? I mean, can you buy it at the supermarket?

#98005 02/23/05 01:55 AM
Not sure about that - I doubt it though - the beer options are very limited. I tried the Belekin and absolutely loved it...especially the Belekin Premium. My friend, who usually drinks Corona also loved the local beer. And here's a tip that I didn't figure out until half-way through the trip. When you order a bottle of beer, it will usually come uncapped, with a napikin wrapped tightly around the rim. Well...The napkin is for you to wipe the mouth of the bottle off in case there is any rust from the cap. One of the local clued me in on that one, although I never saw any rust. : )

#98006 02/23/05 06:30 AM
I don't remember seeing corona, but I did see somebody drinking sol. If you find it, it will cost more than belikin. Drink belikin, it is a very good beer.

#98007 02/23/05 08:15 AM
I drink Corona here because I can't get Belikin regular. I am not a heavy beer drinker, but prefer beers with a bit less carbonation than the standard American beers. Hence, Corona or even Sol. Amstel has a beer they call Bright, which is a Corona knockoff sold in the Carribean only, apparently, and is not too bad. To me, all of these are tied for second after Belikin.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#98008 02/23/05 08:23 AM
If you go to Fido's, you can get Lighthouse, Beliken, Heineken, and a few others which I can't remember - probably because I drank too much while there last week and I damaged too many brain cells... Cheers

#98009 02/23/05 08:27 AM
B
B
Who Cares? At least Belikin shows they care about their product by packaging it in a brown bottle to avoid the guaranteed "LIGHT STRUCK" (skunky) taste and aroma you get from Corona packed in clear glass. Brown or amber glass protects beer from 97% of the UV rays that cause beer in green and clear (flint)to go skunky. And to think all these years people have been putting tomato juice on skunks, maybe a lime would have done the job with a lot less mess!
DRINK LOCALLY, THINK GLOBALLY !
only 4 more sleeps
BREWKETTLE

#98010 02/23/05 09:05 AM
Brewkettle, checked your website. Got anything that tastes like Belikin? On another note, limes are the greatest thing since sliced bread. They can "cook" your fish, shrimp or conch. They go great with the right beers. They can up the thirst quenching ability of coca cola by 50%. Got a cut? A little lime juice will keep it from getting infected. Gotta love those little green buggers.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#98011 02/23/05 09:43 AM
I
I
Spoke with one of the bartenders last year while in San Pedro. She stated that for some reason it is illegal to get any mexican beer on San Pedro. She had seen it brought over bootleg for some parties, but atleast last year there were no Mexican beers on the island for sale anywhere I could find, and I looked. There was Heinekin, some Guiness, a red stripe here and there and a few other imports at various places. Finally just settled in and drank Belekin. Tried all flavors, the standard Belekin was the best for my taste buds. Go to Mexico if you want Mexican beer. When in Belize, drink Belekin.........

#98012 02/23/05 09:54 AM
Not that we would encourage adult beverage consumption, but the wife and her girlfriend cooked this little twist on Belikin in San Pedro about three years ago.

Get yerself anice and cold regular Belikin. Uncap and wipe the rust off the top. Take a nice refreshing swallow. Open bottle of Patron (or any other reasonably decent tequila), pour Patron into Belikin replenishing bottle to original capacity. Place thumb over top and slowly invert for a second or two. Return bottle to upright position and slowly replace thumb with mouth and finish bottle. Can be repeated as many times as needed to control pain.

#98013 02/23/05 01:27 PM
D
D
My guess is it might control pain in the short term, but cause a whole new pain the next morning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.