Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OP Offline
First trip to AC. Not sure what to expect...even after reading the the message board smile

It's a family trip (wife, 20 y.o. son, 17 y.o. daughter and 13 y.o. son. Planning very little. Sun, snorkeling, rum, sunsets and interesting meals. Only things on the schedule are the Chicken Drop and most likely a day trip to Caye Caulker (for sun, rum and interesting meal).

Anyone familiar with Sunset Beach Resort? Any suggestions given the family demographics?

Have enkoyed this message board very much.

S
S
Nice and quiet well down in the South end with a nice beach to play on and you have access to Ova Di Wata next door for dining.

I always say this but no one should miss the trip to Lamanai. Your kids will love it as will you. There are many operators to take the trip with but Tanisha was the first and is always highly recommended.

OP Offline
Thanks SimonB. I checked out the trip on the internet. Looks great. I appreciate your help.

Adiron
3 grandchildren about the same ages as your children traveled to Ambergris with me, we stayed at Sunbreeze, so they loved making the town their home for 14 days.
Video game rooms
Mannelley's icecream
Fido's
Snorkeling trips
Trip to Caye Caulker
3 day trips to Basil Jones beach
New place for dinner every night
New place for breakfast daily
Trips to the grocery store for daily room staples
Fetching food was enjoyable in town
Golf cart day trip up and down the island
Inviting local young kids to dinner
Flashlight watching sea life at night off pier
Fishing
Shopping all the shops
Watching the artisans work
Listening to our guide all about Belize
The 18 yr old boy and 20 yr old girl enjoyed testing their adult wings at Fido's ordering beers
14 yr old boy had a great time too
Handling the BZ money was fun for them
Boca Park
Sunsets and rainbow while out on the water
We walked the beach and street strung out like a string of pearls, so each could experience the flavor of SP on their own.

I was familiar with SP so I knew what they could do to have fun and be safe. I introduced them to many people I already knew. Your children will be approached to buy weed everytime they walk the street or beach alone) Just say No thank you.

We used the same great guide/boat capt for 4 water days. Just our family on his boat OH DANNY BOY.

Snorkeling Hol Chan and Shark Ray we used a professional guide and he challenged those 3 great swimmers to free dive and even thru a deep arch way of coral. The girl did it first, you go girl.

Your family is so blessed by you taking them to Belize. Enjoy and do not be too much of parent there....lol.

Dare To Deviate
S
S
Adirondack,

Saranac Lake, awesome!

How's Whiteface this year?

We used to go to Wolfe's Cabins every winter when the cabins were kept open all year.

We used to go to Lake Placid at least twice a year.

Paul Smith's College in SL, great food!!

I was born in Saratoga Springs. I'm taking the kids up there for the first time this August, after you all thaw out.

Look me up when in the SP.

[email protected]

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey Adirondack,
I stayed up at a ski lodge in Saranac during the Olympics in 80! I was working for AmEx and we drove in daily to work. Sure don't miss it this time of year. Lived in Bflo for 6 years. Now, it's just South Georgia and San Pedro for me!! We are next door to you at Caribe Island. Come over and introduce yourself!
Cheerz,
Vicki

I miss the Adirondaks too! Chapel Pond, hiking/climbing, wild mountain blueberries, Tail O the Pup, CanAm Rugby Tourney, etc, etc! I'm wearing my sweatshirt that says "Adirondak Women...forever wild" right now!

So about Belize...I go with my kids often. Check out many years worth of photos at http://photos.yahoo.com/barbsbelize

Sunset Beach is pretty far south of town but nice beach and quiet area. Personally when I have the kids with me we prefer being closer to town so they can easily come and go at will (but my kids are younger 7, 12, 16). Belize is great - you will love it!

OP Offline
Thank you SimonB, Chloe, S.I.N., Ibanole and BarbaraK! Living in the 'daks has been a wonderful gift, but it comes with a price (cold weather, no ocean, mud season and black flies). However, the folks here are wonderful, the outdoor activities abundant and the autumn second to none. Two of our three children start college this August, so this will be the last big vacation away for awhile. My wife and I love Anguilla....but something about Ambergris Caye seems very special to others. So we decided to check it out with our kids and soak up some sun, enjoy some rum, and build a memory. It looks like we are on the right track.

Vicki, if you're there at the same time, we will try to find you and say hello. It may be easier for you to spot me....I will be the very pale guy starting to sunburn! Hope we see some of you there.

I definitely will post a follow up.

Ray

Chloe ... I wannnnaaaa go there with you : )
What a great list.

Barb - thanks ever so much for the link to your pics. It's all coming back as to why I wanna go back.

laugh

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
Few more good things.

Talk and eat with Paisano
Take pictures of cute kids
Take pictures of every dog
Buy braclets and anklets from the kids
Tell jokes at the joke nights
Eat dinner with Bill Thornton
Look for Satan
Visit Laguna Punta
Sunday at Palapa
New years Eve up and own the beach
Paint sticks as works of art to give away
Rest every other day
Chicken drop
Pier Lounge
Caliente's lunch
Look for Wish Willies
Watch the kids make sand tortilla at Boca park
Watch the kids roll in sand and dance the day of the dead.
volley ball on beach
Skim board the edge of the water
Apply sunscreen to each other often
Bread pudding and cinnamon bread daily
Fight over limes
Use limes in a big slingshot out over the water
Laugh at gramma and the green toilet seat
Smoked Cuban cigars
Making sun tea
OH OH, the boys watched the topless sunbather.
Drinking fresh coconut water
Oh so much to do

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.