Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: North or South Accomodations? #98517
03/08/05 06:05 PM
03/08/05 06:05 PM
Ohio
windyw Offline
windyw  Offline
Consider the Blue Tang Inn. Great place, nice staff on the premises from 7am until 6 pm, good pool--always clean and good sun, Great location, close to town and the restaurants, bars etc. A shady area for reading or people watching, the foliage is beautiful. Some beach out front, all in all very nice. We are returning for our third time to the Blue Tang. Check out their website.
BUT, where ever you decide to stay, you are going to have a wondeful time. San Pedro is so great. Have a great trip!!!

Re: North or South Accomodations? #98518
03/08/05 06:14 PM
03/08/05 06:14 PM
NORTH CAROLINA
V
VICCHALEX Offline
VICCHALEX  Offline
V
Have been to AC twice in the last month. Both times we stayed at Paradise Villas. So close to town. If you don't want to rent a golf cart, this is a great location. Paradise has a great pool area/security/beautiful grounds/great management. Reef Adventures is the dive/snorket/excursion pier right on the beach at the Villas. The Blue Tang is next door and looked lovely. Walking to town on the beach is faster than by road!!!

Re: North or South Accomodations? #98519
03/10/05 12:25 PM
03/10/05 12:25 PM
South Carolina
A
Angie Offline OP

Angie  Offline OP
A
Paradise Villas sounds great. Do you know if they have a web site? I did find the Blue Tang but I really want a place with our own balcony and it doesn't look like that is the case there. Also, I keep reading the further north is the Better beaches ...... What is the ones on the north side but closer to town that have a nice beach??
Thanks!!!!

Originally posted by VICCHALEX:
Have been to AC twice in the last month. Both times we stayed at Paradise Villas. So close to town. If you don't want to rent a golf cart, this is a great location. Paradise has a great pool area/security/beautiful grounds/great management. Reef Adventures is the dive/snorket/excursion pier right on the beach at the Villas. The Blue Tang is next door and looked lovely. Walking to town on the beach is faster than by road!!!

Re: North or South Accomodations? #98520
03/10/05 02:38 PM
03/10/05 02:38 PM
S
SimonB Offline

SimonB  Offline
S
White Sands, El Pescador, Captain Morgan's, Belizean Shores those are the closest to town on the North Side all are good bets.

Re: North or South Accomodations? #98521
03/10/05 02:44 PM
03/10/05 02:44 PM
Virginia
Barbara K Offline
Barbara K  Offline
IMO, any suite at The Palms or the oceanfront suites at Banana Beach have the best balconies with the best views. Mata Rocks Jr suites too. Mayan Princess also has GREAT balconies but no pool and busy beach. Some of the units at Blue Tang do have private balconies. You can access all the hotel websites right on this page by clicking on lodging below. Not all the villas at PV have balconies.

Re: North or South Accomodations? #98522
03/10/05 04:21 PM
03/10/05 04:21 PM
USA
T
tymish Offline

tymish  Offline
T
Originally posted by Barbara K:
IMO, any suite at The Palms or the oceanfront suites at Banana Beach have the best balconies with the best views. Mata Rocks Jr suites too. Mayan Princess also has GREAT balconies but no pool and busy beach. Some of the units at Blue Tang do have private balconies. You can access all the hotel websites right on this page by clicking on lodging below. Not all the villas at PV have balconies.
How about EC Playador?

Re: North or South Accomodations? #98523
03/10/05 04:30 PM
03/10/05 04:30 PM
Virginia
Barbara K Offline
Barbara K  Offline
The honeymoon suites are by far the best units on the property and the only ones with a real *oceanfront* balcony.

Re: North or South Accomodations? #98524
03/11/05 08:48 AM
03/11/05 08:48 AM
South Carolina
A
Angie Offline OP

Angie  Offline OP
A
Thanks to all of you for your input. I seem to have lots of research still to do.....Even though Snorkeling is a big factor to me and I do want to try scuba diving for the first time and it sounds like AC is the perfect place for this....I will miss a beach to walk right into the water....:-(
Guess I should look for a place that has a dock I can jump off and swim around in front of the resort?

Re: North or South Accomodations? #98525
03/11/05 09:08 AM
03/11/05 09:08 AM
Maple Grove, MN USA
Bobber Offline
Bobber  Offline
I would also recommend either Paradise Villas, or for the balcony views, The Palms. The Palms has a smaller secluded pool, but it is beautiful. Also close to Ramons pier where the snorkeling is probably better than most of the spots close to town. Easy walk to food and town and right on the beach. If you want to try scuba, do a resort course and go to Hol Chan, a great experience.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Re: North or South Accomodations? #98526
03/11/05 01:34 PM
03/11/05 01:34 PM
Virginia
Barbara K Offline
Barbara K  Offline
Many of the places mentioned above have a beach where you can walk right into the water - Palms, Blue Tang, Exotic Caye. Mata Rocks, most of the properties up North

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 258 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics69,387
Posts475,945
Members19,467
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.