Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#98929 03/16/05 03:50 PM
OP Offline
Hey guys 'n gals ...

I've never connected through Houston before, and the only way I can get to sand 'n sun using my FF miles is with Continental and connecting in Houston. Is 1 hr do-able connecting wise?

Wa wa waaa ... wanna travel on Delta through Atlanta, but no FF seat open until June. Why don't folks just stay at home laugh

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
...and now what is wrong with Houston/Continental? smile Yes, a 1 hr. is ok, assuming the flight you originate from is on-time.

OP Offline
aghhh aghhh ... nothing ever leaves Columbus on time (sorry fellow Buckeyes!)

:rolleyes:

Ohhh wait, that's the return, so it's all up to leaving Belize. Nope,not gonna laugh

"The truly happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery even when he must take a detour"
My friend goes from BZE to IAH (1 hour layover) to CDG (France). It's hit or miss. Sometimes he has to stay the night, other times he's good.

Are you talking about landing in IAH at 5:44pm and taking the 7:00pm to CMH? You're good!!!

OP Offline
This is what "they say" ...

Arrive 5:48 depart 6:49 so must be the same give or take a minute. Ohhh lands sakes ... they can't be taking, best be given! Hmm ... how comfy is the floor for sleeping on there I wonder :rolleyes:

OP Offline
ohhh silly me, bet you meant "you're good as in catching the flight" not me being good *snort*

laugh

yes... smile you are good to catch the 7:00 to CMH. smile

Slept on the floor a few times... not all that comfortable.

klcman appears to be having touble right now flying Continental to Belize, he is stuck in Houston.

Don't forget that you have to do the immigrations/customs chacha WBT, and be prepared for anything. I recently had a connection through Houston coming back from Mexico. Houston has recently streamlined the customs process, and it does move quicker. The problem was there wasn't enough ground crew available to unload the luggage. I waited and waited and waited by the carousel for a good 40 minutes for it to arrive. Unfortunately, my departure terminal was 2 away from the customs area. Finally got my luggage, did the customs check, then made a mad dash for the train to get to my terminal, ran like hell to the gate only to be too late. I had a little over 1 hour between flights. I think a good travel agent would not recommend 1 hour when you have customs to deal with, because if your plane is late, OR YOUR LUGGAGE IS LATE BEING UNLOADED, you probably won't make your connection. I am not trying to panic you, but it could happen. It was on a weekday to boot. You might want to have your cell phone charged and with you in the event you have to make arrangements. As I said, customs was a breeze, and I would have been fine if not for the luggage issue. I was travelling back to Columbus myself, and about that same time. I can never understand why CO flights from Houston to Columbus are usually full, but they are. Don't get too frustrated if it happens, just treat it as another night of vacation if you cannot get on the next flight out. There might be a later one, and you would want to know that in advance.
I just believe in being prepared for the unexpected. It probably was one of those isolated incidents where too many planes arrived at the same time, so don't stress overmuch about it.

Why would you have to sleep on the floor if you miss your flight due to Continental causing the problem? Don't they put you up for the night?

I've never missed the flight either out or back (with only the one hour to change flights) but I guess I've just been lucky.

A couple of years ago the carousel wasn't working and caused quite a backup. That was a bit nerve-wracking but they held the plane for an extra 20 minutes and that made all the difference. Also, I almost cried when I finally made it through the security lineup, only to get held up further due to my barrettes setting off the beeper. I was pretty sweaty by the time I made it to my outgoing gate. (not to mention my mild heartattack doing the run with my carry-on) smile

Another place in the Caribbean that I visit, only has flights out of Houston on Saturdays. The connection time for those flights is also only one hour. Regardless, Continental always tries to assure me that is enough time. However, I still leave for Houston on the Friday and stay overnight because if I miss the flight for the last leg, I'm hooped for a week.

On the way home, I don't worry about it because if I miss my connection from Houston to home, it is no big deal to get a flight out the next morning.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

We flew American and they one legged us with TACA to fly into Belize from Houston.

Well guess what! Going to Belize and having a 1 hour time to go from one gate to another we MISSED that darned flight. We don't lollygag either. Naturally that was the last flight out of Houston to Belize that day and we don't fly on weekends either. Upset to say the least. They did give us a room and we were totally lost with all the construction on the rail. And may I add we lost a night's reservation at our resort, causing me more anger than happiness. ( we had a 3 legged trip in Belize ) Phone numbers are always handy to have with you so someone isn't waiting at the other end, in Belize, to pick you up.
Anyway, we have NOT gone through Houston since that visit. We beg to go through Miami, coming from the Right coast smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 246 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.