Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
Hi everybody. I was wondering what the quality of snorkeling gear is available to rent. Do most outfits charge by the day, and if so how much? Or would I be better off bringing my own gear? Your comments are greatly appreciated.

D
D
This is a very personal decision, but I am never very comfortable wearing shoes someone else has worn at a bowling alley - so using a snorkel that has been in someone elses mouth is right out for me.

Agree, it's a personal decision. I bring the mask and snorkel and rent fins. I know my mask fits properly and the snorkel is disinfected to my standards. They really don't take that much space in the checked luggage.

doggums, eeeeeeeewwwwwww......bowling alley shoes! eek With you on that one, too!

Originally posted by doggums:
This is a very personal decision, but I am never very comfortable wearing shoes someone else has worn at a bowling alley - so using a snorkel that has been in someone elses mouth is right out for me.
^
|
|
|
|
|
|

yeah, what that guy said.

LBI, BRING YOUR MASK AND SNORKEL. RENT THE FINS, I DON'T REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW MUCH, BUT IT WAS VERY CHEAP.

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
Cost of fin rental was $5.00 US, 2.50 BZ per day. Can't remember name of place; 1st tour operator just south of Reef Adventures dock.

Hmmm. Isn't it US$2.50, and BZ5.00?

MARG
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks everyone. I did figure that the US rate and BZ rate should be reversed, I've learned so much more from this forum than all the books combined. See you on the 17th of Apr.

LBI, I would suggest you get the footies that you use inside of the fins at home a bring them with you. :p

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Most dive shops don't rent open heel fins, so bringing booties may not help. Although those who do don't usually rent booties, for reasons of hygene. I would recommend people to bring mask & fins, as these are the things where a good fit is important. May as well bring a snorkel as well, although the hygene argument is specious - how many divers bring their own regulator specifically for reasons of hygene? In terms of getting a good fit and hygene a suit should be the next on the list - there must be few people who have not peed in their suit at some time, whether it be their own or rented.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.